L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

*** October 2024 Image and Video Thread ***

Sunday's storm "Ashley" in 4k so make sure to select 4k in settings - quality and a big screen like my 48" OLED :D

First time using iMovies software, little 8GB M1 Mac mini is a power house for stitching all of these together then transcoding.

I enjoyed filming the storm plus a few stills, S5ii & 24-105 f4 are still covered in sea salt :cool:

Landscape colour profile, originally filmed in c4k 422 25p...

Really loved it. Felt like being there in the storm. I didn't understand the covered in salt part until near the end of the movie :) I'm not sure if I would have taken those nice shots where the water covers those ships. And I clicked the movie on the first place because of the tank in the shot :cool:. The entrance of the army base at my work also houses a museum. So I pass those things all the time. Actually in front of my office is a garage for armoured vehicles which look like tanks. (these). And just the sound of those engines.... love it. Ofcourse for security reasons I'm not allowed to film/photograh at the base.

Really loved it. Felt like being there in the storm. I didn't understand the covered in salt part until near the end of the movie :) I'm not sure if I would have taken those nice shots where the water covers those ships. And I clicked the movie on the first place because of the tank in the shot :cool:. The entrance of the army base at my work also houses a museum. So I pass those things all the time. Actually in front of my office is a garage for armoured vehicles which look like tanks. (these). And just the sound of those engines.... love it. Ofcourse for security reasons I'm not allowed to film/photograh at the base.
I found it strange to only find about 5 YT Ireland videos of this storm. I was dumbfounded to see a completely shitty shaky phone video with zero attempt at good skills, for example, a horizon possibly 30° off level etc with nattering getting 12k views? It was so bad I couldn't watch it as the content was equally bad.

I'm fully aware mine was possibly boring for some but at least there was relatively some attempt of craft in it to get what... 28 views? :rolleyes:

Another of Dublin airport was over 100k views or something and I could only watch 1 plane landing and it was 8 hours long?

I'm not bothered but maybe most people need nattering? I'm the polar opposite and detest it. I want to hear the storm and not the narcissistic YouTuber narrative so... 1000021121.jpg

Back