L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

*** April 2023 Image & Video Thread

pdk42

Top Poster Of Month
Over on DPR there was a monthly image and video thread that I think would be nice to have here.

The ”rules” from DPR are:

This is the place to share your L-mount images & videos. Please note that it is not essential that the content was created during April of 2023. If it's an L-mount image or video, and you want to share it (and have not shared it before) feel free to post it here!

Other suggestions:

• Unlike DPR, you can’t add your own title to a thread. So to add a suitable title, I’d suggest just doing a bold heading. Adding EXIF data would be a nice touch too.
  • If you can provide details on the subject, camera, settings and processing, that can provide some members useful insight as they regard in your images.
  • If you have more than 10+ images to share, please break them up into more than 1 posting.
  • Thanks for all participation whether seasoned pro or beginner… Don’t be reluctant even if you are new to photography or L-Mount!
If you especially want C&C (criticism/critique) or technique feedback, say so. It’s assumed one does want such feedback, but direct requests may garner a more studied analysis/response. If you don't want such feedback, say so, and others will respect your wishes.

If you feel you've been ignored, select your post, reply to it with a brief note to the effect of "Can I get some feedback?". Not getting feedback on a post isn't uncommon, so don't feel offended - no one is charged to ensure all posts get attention (we're not organised enough for that). If you want particular feedback (composition, exposure choice, etc.), saying so can be helpful for the potential respondents as to what your needs may be.

It is courteous and advisable that, should you post images for feedback, you also make comment on at least one other contribution. Respectful acknowledgment of everyone is the goal, and it’s requested that all participants assume some responsibility to that end.

Last edited:
Sherbourne Church
Sherbourne Church (All Saints) is a Victorian Gothic structure built in 1864 at a cost of £20,000 from designs by Sir Gilbert Scott. Lavishly adorned with carving and shafts of red and green marble. A brass of 1624 and a series of monuments to the Webb family (beginning 1728) survive from the earlier church. There was a priest in Sherbourne in 1086.

Sherbourne Church by Paul Kaye, on Flickr

How do I post a photo? I just tried to upload a 2048x2048px photo of 1.1MB and it says it's too large

Buff, really restrictive even though I understand space isn't cheap these days.

Buff, really restrictive even though I understand space isn't cheap these days.
I sort of agree. The upload limit is too low for a photo forum. I find that even a 1024px image exported from LR is too big unless I dial down the jpg quality to 80%. That’s not a great image quality or size to appreciate a decent photo.

I get round it by posting embedded links to Flickr. That works well for me since Flickr is my default publishing platform anyhow, and since I have a Flickr subscription the images aren’t going to get deleted at some future point (which is the likely outcome for a free Flickr account since there’s a limit on number of photos you can upload).

I think Dirk need to up the limit - but I appreciate it means more cost.

Last edited:
Having used flickr for many years I agree the easiest way is to link from there if you have an account, plus it means you don't have to save images in different sizes all the time, Flickr has sort of become my cloud storage, though I still forget to save at largest size possible.

Anyway, I have been in Venice for a short trip with the S52, I decided in the end to take the Pan 20-60 kit lens even though it has seen little use from me, totally pleased I did, made a nice kit along with the Panasonic 85mm.

Venice Re-visited-20 by Jayne Booton, on Flickr

Venice Re-visited-17 by Jayne Booton, on Flickr

Venice Re-visited-18 by Jayne Booton, on Flickr

Having used flickr for many years I agree the easiest way is to link from there if you have an account, plus it means you don't have to save images in different sizes all the time, Flickr has sort of become my cloud storage, though I still forget to save at largest size possible.

Anyway, I have been in Venice for a short trip with the S52, I decided in the end to take the Pan 20-60 kit lens even though it has seen little use from me, totally pleased I did, made a nice kit along with the Panasonic 85mm.

Lovely shots Jayne. Fantastic colours and composition.

Good shots. I especially like the second shot which is a little up and away from the water; not the typical Venice shot that is right on the water. I've been to much of Italy on business but sadly never to Venice, so these pictures help me envision being there. Nice work with the S5II and 20-60.

Fantastic photos, thank you for sharing!

I get round it by posting embedded links to Flickr. That works well for me since Flickr is my default publishing platform anyhow, and since I have a Flickr subscription the images aren’t going to get deleted at some future point (which is the likely outcome for a free Flickr account since there’s a limit on number of photos you can upload).
Haven't used Flickr in years. It basically would mean an extra step (upload to Flickr first, then link here), which makes it less appealing to just share something. I also am not keen at all to pay for another cloud storage. I use Amazon Photos as a "dumb" backup, besides Apple Photos as main repository – besides local backup of course. Neither is a good fit here.

Haven't used Flickr in years. It basically would mean an extra step (upload to Flickr first, then link here), which makes it less appealing to just share something. I also am not keen at all to pay for another cloud storage. I use Amazon Photos as a "dumb" backup, besides Apple Photos as main repository – besides local backup of course. Neither is a good fit here.
Maybe you could try a PM to Dirk? I think he’s open to suggestions.

Very good pictures, Jayneboo. I especially like the contrast and the color. The S5II looks like a very good photography camera, and not only as a video camera. I like the 20-60mm lens more every day.

I sort of agree. The upload limit is too low for a photo forum. I find that even a 1024px image exported from LR is too big unless I dial down the jpg quality to 80%. That’s not a great image quality or size to appreciate a decent photo.
I agree. I exported photos 1600x<something> with quite low quality to get file size just under 500 kB. It is easier with LR as you can specify desired maximum file size, but DxO does not support that so you may need to export the photo multiple times to get quality low enough.

Maybe I just to use Flicker more.

I have yet to travel since Covid and your pictures have certainly increased my desire to travel. I have been taking pictures from my porch and in town. Yesterday morning there was a very pretty sunrise and I thought that would be an appropriate picture to post to our new forum which having its "sunrise".View attachment Sky--8_cr.jpg

I have yet to travel since Covid and your pictures have certainly increased my desire to travel. I have been taking pictures from my porch and in town. Yesterday morning there was a very pretty sunrise and I thought that would be an appropriate picture to post to our new forum which having its "sunrise".View attachment 253
That’s a lovely shot. It’s only appearing as a link though. Might be worth playing around to figure out how to post in line. I think @dirk has posted up a how to guide.

That’s a lovely shot. It’s only appearing as a link though. Might be worth playing around to figure out how to post in line. I think @dirk has posted up a how to guide.
I tried to post some pictures today, but were too big. also tried to find the guide to post them properly but couldn't find it. If its there please a link :)

Back