L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

*** April 2023 Image & Video Thread

I tried to post some pictures today, but were too big. also tried to find the guide to post them properly but couldn't find it. If its there please a link :)
Dirk hasn’t yet increased the limit, but I think he will soon. Here is the guide to posting images.

Having used flickr for many years I agree the easiest way is to link from there if you have an account, plus it means you don't have to save images in different sizes all the time, Flickr has sort of become my cloud storage, though I still forget to save at largest size possible.

Anyway, I have been in Venice for a short trip with the S52, I decided in the end to take the Pan 20-60 kit lens even though it has seen little use from me, totally pleased I did, made a nice kit along with the Panasonic 85mm.

Venice Re-visited-20 by Jayne Booton, on Flickr

Venice Re-visited-17 by Jayne Booton, on Flickr

Venice Re-visited-18 by Jayne Booton, on Flickr
These images are excellent. The 20-60 + 50mm f1.8 is my favourite for holidays.

Lumix S5​

Sigma 100-400mm f5-6.3 DG DN​

• f6.3​

• 1/200​

• ISO100​

Deer sunbathing on good Friday at Charlecote Park, Warwickshire

In The Sun by Peter North, on Flickr
That’s lovely Peter. I live quite close to Charlecote so I have an embarrassingly large collection of photos from there!

That’s lovely Peter. I live quite close to Charlecote so I have an embarrassingly large collection of photos from there!
It’s an excellent spot, you could probably do landscape, architecture, and wildlife all within a few square miles. I even grab the occaisonal shots of small aircraft coming from Wellesbourne airfield next door.

Every so often here in Colorado, we get this wonderfully unique light on the mountains when, after sunset, the sun's setting rays bounce off the clouds above and warmly light up the peaks, when normally at that time they would simply be dim silhouettes. Last night was one of those times. It's hard to truly reproduce the subtlety of the lighting under these circumstances, but I tried, and it's wonderful to see in person.

P1512519_4k-4K.jpg

I finally got out for a half day with my camera this afternoon and chased a few trains. The weather is now cooling off as we head into Autumn so that means some clearer (less humid) air which helps when using a zoom lens..

Here is a shot of a QUBE Logistics general freight train heading south through the town of Moss Vale which is 145km by rail from Sydney. The train itself is approximately 1,110 metres in length (i.e. 1.1km). Today it had 5 locomotives at the front.

DC-S5 | 24-105mm lens at 57mm | ƒ/10 | 1/800s | ISO800

QUBE General Freight #1311 by Peter Watters, on Flickr

I finally got out for a half day with my camera this afternoon and chased a few trains. The weather is now cooling off as we head into Autumn so that means some clearer (less humid) air which helps when using a zoom lens..

Here is a shot of a QUBE Logistics general freight train heading south through the town of Moss Vale which is 145km by rail from Sydney. The train itself is approximately 1,110 metres in length (i.e. 1.1km). Today it had 5 locomotives at the front.

DC-S5 | 24-105mm lens at 57mm | ƒ/10 | 1/800s | ISO800

QUBE General Freight #1311 by Peter Watters, on Flickr
Wow, 1.1 km long!

Back