L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

*** April 2023 Image & Video Thread

_1011117-Enhanced-NR-2.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5M2
  • LUMIX S 24-105/F4
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/320 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200
_1011182-2.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5M2
  • LUMIX S 24-105/F4
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/50 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100
_1011179-2.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5M2
  • LUMIX S 24-105/F4
  • 79.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/50 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 160

I think Dirk will probably increase the limit soon. He’s already increased the limit on DPRForum to 4MB.
Not posted any pics yet, but in the past have used "jpegmini" for reducing file sizes of images, and has worked very well. As a new user of FF an D5 have not tried that as yet, now on my to-do list. I am amazed with the S Series performance and just wish I still had the ability to travel with my own set of wheels. But having used photography as my main hobby for over 70 years I still need to feel the satisfaction of taking the rare eye catching shot.

And must add, there are some eye catching shots on this forum. Thanks Paul for your efforts.

Not posted any pics yet, but in the past have used "jpegmini" for reducing file sizes of images, and has worked very well. As a new user of FF an D5 have not tried that as yet, now on my to-do list. I am amazed with the S Series performance and just wish I still had the ability to travel with my own set of wheels. But having used photography as my main hobby for over 70 years I still need to feel the satisfaction of taking the rare eye catching shot.

And must add, there are some eye catching shots on this forum. Thanks Paul for your efforts.
No problems. Dirk had indeed increased the limit. You can see the details here:

Lumix S5​

• Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary 020 + TC-2011
  • 800mm
  • f13
  • 1/2000
  • ISO 5000

Cropped, AI Noise reduction applied in LR, taken with electronic shutter.

Not a spectacular image, but I'm currently testing out the sigma 2x TC and am just amazed that I even managed to catch it in the frame.

Electric Swallow by Peter North, on Flickr

Took delivery of the new Sigma 50mm f/2 - first few images and couldn't be happier with the results. Snappy autofocus, usual lovely build quality that comes with the contemporary range, f/2 giving plenty of subject isolation, sharp across the the frame - all good in a nice small package compared to the Art.

Today's walk with the dogs-6 by Jayne Booton, on Flickr

Today's walk with the dogs-5 by Jayne Booton, on Flickr

Today's walk with the dogs-7 by Jayne Booton, on Flickr
Lovely shots Jayne. That Sigma looks very nice. I have the 35mm f2 on its way to me - hope it's as good!

Lumix S5​

• Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary 020 + TC-2011
  • 800mm
  • f13
  • 1/2000
  • ISO 5000

Cropped, AI Noise reduction applied in LR, taken with electronic shutter.

Not a spectacular image, but I'm currently testing out the sigma 2x TC and am just amazed that I even managed to catch it in the frame.

Electric Swallow by Peter North, on Flickr
Lovely - the first I've seen this summer!

Took delivery of the new Sigma 50mm f/2 - first few images and couldn't be happier with the results. Snappy autofocus, usual lovely build quality that comes with the contemporary range, f/2 giving plenty of subject isolation, sharp across the the frame - all good in a nice small package compared to the Art.

Today's walk with the dogs-5 by Jayne Booton, on Flickr
\Today's walk with the dogs-7 by Jayne Booton, on Flickr

Really like the rendering of these images! Seems like a great little lens!

Back