L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

***May 2024 Image and video thread***

On AF Mode I was on Full Frame, Animal detection (not tracking I think). Still had a box around the rabbit but I don't remember if it was green or yellow ?_? I will try your setting.

FastRawViewer is interesting. Usually when I review my pictures I use the preview on MacOS which is very fast by showing JPEG, but as the website of your app says, reviewing RAW and JPEG can be a very different thing. Thank you for sharing.

I will try your setting.
To be clear, that is after you take the picture and then display it on the camera. The green box is where the camera focused.

The Kansas Cosmosphere is a favorite haunt of mine; it's not far from Wichita, and I go to Wichita for work on a fairly regular basis, so I've been there many times over the years. They recently posted a notice that they were starting the second phase of a major renovation, so I wanted to catch some of my favorite exhibits for the last time. Unfortunately, I was too late; they closed off far more of the galleries than I was expecting from they way they handled Phase I.

I also thought it would be a good opportunity to find shots for the chiaroscuro challenge; while the low-light conditions can make shooting there kind of a nightmare:

20230709-P1011676 by Travis Butler, on Flickr

- it can make for some very dramatic lighting contrasts.

53704338076_ed9db3e0aa_o.jpg
  • NO-LENS
  • 1/30 sec
  • Pattern
  • ISO 6400
20230709-P1011622 by Travis Butler, on Flickr (2023 visit, S5, Vivitar (Kiron) 28/2.5)

53704824755_3c7a84d22b_o.jpg
  • NO-LENS
  • 1/125 sec
  • Pattern
  • ISO 5000
20210905-P1104484 by Travis Butler, on Flickr (2021 visit, S5, OM Zuiko 24/2.8)

View attachment 53703345592_c61bc32b7b_o.jpg20230709-P1011711 by Travis Butler, on Flickr (2023 visit, S5, Vivitar 28/2.5)

Sadly, it was not to be. This year's visit:

20240425-P1022219 by Travis Butler, on Flickr (S5, 20-60)

View attachment 53699490073_e234cc3dca_o.jpg20240425-P1022233 by Travis Butler, on Flickr (S5, Minolta MD W.Rokkor 24/2.8)

View attachment 53699277356_c3c1359dc2_o.jpg20240425-P1022235 by Travis Butler, on Flickr (S5, MD 24/2.8)

Sigh. And here we go again with Flickr links getting converted to attachments. Dirk, any idea why this is happening?

Sigh. And here we go again with Flickr links getting converted to attachments. Dirk, any idea why this is happening?

I have to check this later on. We have a bug at the moment with the display of the exif data and I have to find the reason for this first.

In case you deleted the image on flickr, then it should show s copy of it here. Send me a PM with the exact error or what you were trying to do and I will look at it later.

Something slower than rabbits, the old radar station in Carrickfergus, N.Ireland. My grandparents brought me here since I was very young and it was decommisioned then in the 1980s but it is a bit of a landmark. I remember it having blue/yellow panels on it but these have rotted away over years. On the full res RAW you can see the faces on the two men and imagine what they are saying. I didn't bother with symmetrifying this one... it's photography and it's how it was taken except the mono process._1000879 (4).jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5M2
  • LUMIX S 70-300/F4.5-5.6
  • 78.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/25 sec
  • Pattern
  • ISO 200

First sunset with S5ii and any FF digital, used -3EV exp compensation then brought up the shadows around 5 stops. 70-300 is a great landscape lens, also did 300mm 4k 50 video using the new high stability and the stillness at eq. 420-450 crop is impressive only it didn't like panning the cruise ship sailing where it wobbled slightly but it's brilliant and a fantastic asset to have with the red button._1000871.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5M2
  • 97.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/800 sec
  • Pattern
  • ISO 100

I wouldn't dip a toe in this but some people pretend they don't pump raw untreated sewage into it. Last year all the little fish the mackeral chase like crazy in August were all dead at this same place Carrickfergus._1000850.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5M2
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/50 sec
  • Pattern
  • ISO 100

Here my video with some footage from my new 28-200mm

All handheld, only exception is the sunset.
Some shots I'm very happy with, with some I have to improve... The lens is fine though.

Here my video with some footage from my new 28-200mm

All handheld, only exception is the sunset.
Some shots I'm very happy with, with some I have to improve... The lens is fine though.
Wow, very nicely done!

Nice video, the high stab crop works great, it works as good on 300mm too but doesn't like any sort of panning as it fights it, I have a video which shows this.

Nice video, the high stab crop works great, it works as good on 300mm too but doesn't like any sort of panning as it fights it, I have a video which shows this.
I had the same, but sometimes that was because I set the handheld to 'tripod mode' (boost-IS). I have to check more if this was always the case but I don't think so...

I had the same, but sometimes that was because I set the handheld to 'tripod mode' (boost-IS). I have to check more if this was always the case but I don't think so...
Last week watching (and asking questions) the Lumix Live USA show by Sean Robinson he specifically said high mode is designed for not moving whatsoever regardless what you set boost-IS to. A panning function would be nice but it must not be possible or we really ask too much as it's already amazing. I might post the video later but it's not pro like yours.

Last week watching (and asking questions) the Lumix Live USA show by Sean Robinson he specifically said high mode is designed for not moving whatsoever regardless what you set boost-IS to. A panning function would be nice but it must not be possible or we really ask too much as it's already amazing. I might post the video later but it's not pro like yours.
Please do, I'm curious to see it, but I'm definitely not a Pro in filming...

I'm better in Post (Davinci Resolve) than behind the camera...There I fix most my mistakes :cool:

But thank you for your kind words..

I’m not seeing this with the high mode, either with the S5II/S5IIx or the G9II. And take a look at the video while running that Richard Wong has shown. I wonder if what you are seeing is your playback can’t keep up with the S5II video. You might try rendering it out to a smaller bit rate “presentation” codec if you editor can do that.

I’m not seeing this with the high mode, either with the S5II/S5IIx or the G9II. And take a look at the video while running that Richard Wong has shown. I wonder if what you are seeing is your playback can’t keep up with the S5II video. You might try rendering it out to a smaller bit rate “presentation” codec if you editor can do that.
Nope, it's what I seen in the EVF taking the video.

Back