L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

*** May 2023 Image & Video Thread

pdk42

Top Poster Of Month
This is the place to share your L-mount images & videos. Please note that it is not essential that the content was created during May of 2023. If it's an L-mount image or video, and you want to share it (and have not shared it before) feel free to post it here!

Other suggestions:

• Unlike DPR, you can’t add your own title to a thread. So to add a suitable title, I’d suggest just doing a bold heading. Adding EXIF data would be a nice touch too.
  • If you can provide details on the subject, camera, settings and processing, that can provide some members useful insight as they regard in your images.
  • If you have more than 10+ images to share, please break them up into more than 1 posting.
  • Thanks for all participation whether seasoned pro or beginner… Don’t be reluctant even if you are new to photography or L-Mount!
If you especially want C&C (criticism/critique) or technique feedback, say so. It’s assumed one does want such feedback, but direct requests may garner a more studied analysis/response. If you don't want such feedback, say so, and others will respect your wishes.

If you feel you've been ignored, select your post, reply to it with a brief note to the effect of "Can I get some feedback?". Not getting feedback on a post isn't uncommon, so don't feel offended - no one is charged to ensure all posts get attention (we're not organised enough for that). If you want particular feedback (composition, exposure choice, etc.), saying so can be helpful for the potential respondents as to what your needs may be.

It is courteous and advisable that, should you post images for feedback, you also make comment on at least one other contribution. Respectful acknowledgment of everyone is the goal, and it’s requested that all participants assume some responsibility to that end.

Here another timelapse. It is a sequence of timelapses in Vienna made with the Panasonic Lumix S5 and S1R cameras.
The music is composed by Sott Buckley (www.scottbuckley.com.au), who has a library of his own cinematic original music – released under CC-BY 4.0 Creative Commons license-, which is free just as long as you credit Scott.

Here another timelapse. It is a sequence of timelapses in Vienna made with the Panasonic Lumix S5 and S1R cameras.
The music is composed by Sott Buckley (www.scottbuckley.com.au), who has a library of his own cinematic original music – released under CC-BY 4.0 Creative Commons license-, which is free just as long as you credit Scott.
Fantastic Xavier! Your video is quite mesmerising to watch. The music is perfect too.

Very nice. I loved the rainbow sequence.

Last week, there was a second strong solar event (so far this year) that pushed the Aurora Borealis much further south than normal. I joined up with a group that, despite a questionable cloud cover forecast, ventured into Rocky Mountain National Park in hopes of seeing the magic light. While there were both high and medium clouds, we were able to register some color using long exposure settings, despite the fact that the color was barely visible to the naked eye.P1141493_4k.jpg

Looks great to me. I grew up in Colorado and never saw a hint of Aurora Borealis that far south. Even worse I've spent quite a bit of time in Alaska, but never a hint there either. (Granted I always go there in mid-Summer, but still.) So you are my hero photographer.

Looks great to me. I grew up in Colorado and never saw a hint of Aurora Borealis that far south. Even worse I've spent quite a bit of time in Alaska, but never a hint there either. (Granted I always go there in mid-Summer, but still.) So you are my hero photographer.
Thank you. :)
It's a very "odd" time right now, in that the sun is reversing it's polarity, which happens every 10-11 years or so. As a result of this, there is a lot more solar activity, which then results in more intense northern (and presumably) southern lights. If you look around the web a little, the images recently coming out of the "traditional" sites like Alaska, Iceland, etc. are incredible.

Thanks for the tip on the "odd" time. I don't know if you know, but at the University of Colorado department of Aerospace Engineering, one of the studies is space weather. You can get an advanced degree in this field. This is all about the solar activity between earth and the sun, and the effects on spacecraft, satellites, and earth, so I bet they are going crazy right now. In recent years I served on the outside advisory board for CU Aerospace, and I learned more about space doing this than I ever did in school.

Back