L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

*** May 2023 Image & Video Thread

Final dress rehearsal photos from Separate Tables, the run of which is about to start at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans after the Coronation weekend....tickets selling fast if you're interested! I took the S5 with Sigma 28-70 (these shots) and OM-1 with Lumix 35-100. Both performed well, although the S5 AF was actually a little faster and locked on to faces more reliably in these circumstances.

PANA1138-RW2_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpgPANA1187-RW2_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpgPANA1177-RW2_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

I caught some Yucca blossoms today close to full bloom, with Vasquez Rocks in the background. Plus a 65:24 of the Rocks.

Yucca-1-4.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5M2
  • LUMIX S 20-60/F3.5-5.6
  • 52.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.4
  • 1/1250 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100
Yucca-1-5.jpgYucca-1-7.jpgYucca-1-9.jpgYucca-1-1.jpg

I caught some Yucca blossoms today close to full bloom, with Vasquez Rocks in the background. Plus a 65:24 of the Rocks.
Great photos Charles. I love the rock formations there. Really interesting place!

L1000886.jpeg
  • LEICA CAMERA AG - LEICA SL2-S
  • SUMMICRON-SL 1:2/35 ASPH.
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/400 sec
  • Pattern
  • ISO 100

checking upload works and of okish quality
SL2S SL35 f4
miserable day, this being some sort of improvement to the sea defence in Mumbles
hopefully just rain water discharge but we all know about the water companies by now
I surf further round the coast and have seen/smelled some pretty foul 'rain water'

View attachment 415
checking upload works and of okish quality
SL2S SL35 f4
miserable day, this being some sort of improvement to the sea defence in Mumbles
hopefully just rain water discharge but we all know about the water companies by now
I surf further round the coast and have seen/smelled some pretty foul 'rain water'
What the UK water companies are doing is criminal. It’s time the regulator grew some balls. But what we really need is for the industry to be renationalised.

Here a sequence of timelapses in Vienna made with the Panasonic Lumix S5 and S1R cameras. Unedited, made directly on cameras. Slowly but surely, learning by doing... there is still a lot to improve...

(The music is composed by Sott Buckley (www.scottbuckley.com.au), who has a library of his own cinematic original music – released under CC-BY 4.0 Creative Commons license-, which is free just as long as you credit Scott).

This shot was taken in the morning so quite a bit of shadow to deal with. It's a great lookout, although I find that photos of lookouts like this never quite convey the feeling of height that you get when you're standing at the railing.
  • Panasonic DC-S5 with LUMIX S 24-105/F4
  • 24mm | ƒ/8.0 | 1/125s | ISO 160
  • DxO PhotoLab 6 with Filmpack set to Fuki Velvia 50

Echo Point, Katoomba NSW by Peter Watters, on Flickr

This shot was taken in the morning so quite a bit of shadow to deal with. It's a great lookout, although I find that photos of lookouts like this never quite convey the feeling of height that you get when you're standing at the railing.
  • Panasonic DC-S5 with LUMIX S 24-105/F4
  • 24mm | ƒ/8.0 | 1/125s | ISO 160
  • DxO PhotoLab 6 with Filmpack set to Fuki Velvia 50

Echo Point, Katoomba NSW by Peter Watters, on Flickr
That's a great shot. And I think I've been to almost the same spot back in 2015. It's a lovely part of the world.

That's a great shot. And I think I've been to almost the same spot back in 2015. It's a lovely part of the world.
Thanks Paul. It is fun to stand up on this lookout and listen to what is a bit like white noise from the valley and breathe the fresh air. Glad to hear that you've visited!

Back