L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

*** May 2023 Image & Video Thread

A mono 65:24 treatment on a shot from the Sigma 35/2. I love this lens!

The Underpass by Paul Kaye, on Flickr
That's a great shot. The 65:24 really does work well for landscape and street photography. The mono treatment is perfect here.

And I am still tempted to get his lens. I've talked myself out of it a few times but then I see one of your photos and the GAS comes back!

That's a great shot. The 65:24 really does work well for landscape and street photography. The mono treatment is perfect here.

And I am still tempted to get his lens. I've talked myself out of it a few times but then I see one of your photos and the GAS comes back!
It really is a nice lens. I'm never disappointed by the images from it.

This shot was taken in the morning so quite a bit of shadow to deal with.
I took some shots at that NSW site earlier this year. This shot doesn't have shadows but there is a broken overcast. I zoomed in just a little, to 38mm, to bring the Three Sisters closer, which might help show the depth of the valley below.

AU-1.jpg

I took some shots at that NSW site earlier this year. This shot doesn't have shadows but there is a broken overcast. I zoomed in just a little, to 38mm, to bring the Three Sisters closer, which might help show the depth of the valley below.
Nicely done Charles.

View attachment 420

Nice shot! Beautiful scenery!
I've been to Sydney so many times but still haven't been to the Blue Mountains yet!!

Last night, I went out to shoot some videos for my Sirui 135mm f/2.8 1.8x anamorphic lens review using the S5IIx. But I also shot some photos as well.
Here is one of my favourite.
Looking forward to the review? :)

There is an annual tulip festival in Albany, NY, that I go to take photos at each year. This year I had too much going on, so I only got out to it today, and most of the blooms were either well past their prime, or gone. However, there were a few left that were presentable, so here we are.. All shot with the S5, Sigma 150-600mm with an extension tube, and on a monopod.

Asm 101.jpgAsm 079.jpg

Asm 109.jpg

Asm 122.jpg

Asm 006.jpg

Last edited:
All shot with the S5, Sigma 150-600mm with an extension tube, and on a monopod.

I am impressed with the image quality of the combination Sigma 150-600mm zoom plus an extension tube. Look at this fine "hairs" in the last image. All this after the uploading here in the forum. Do you have the exif data for this?

Bildqualitate_Sigma_zoom.jpg

I am impressed with the image quality of the combination Sigma 150-600mm zoom plus an extension tube. Look at this fine "hairs" in the last image. All this after the uploading here in the forum. Do you have the exif data for this?

View attachment 437
Sure, it's: 1/800s, f7.1, ISO 640, 366mm (and using the 24mm Viltrox extension tube)

It actually was very windy when I was out shooting, so the higher shutter speed was really necessary. You wouldn't think so with static subjects like flowers, but boy, were things blowing around yesterday!

Crop of the not-downsized file below :)

PS: It's a REALLY good lens.

crop006.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5
  • 366.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/800 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 640

Tulips are lovely flowers. Pity they are in bloom for so short a time.
Actually, tulip blooms last for quite a while, compared to some other flowers (as long as the temperature stays cool out). Of course, this year, all but two of the (few remaining) tulips in my own front flower bed were all beheaded before they even got their buds out of the leaf sheaths. The two that remained bloomed well, but I came out one morning after they had been open for a couple of days, and they had been neatly lopped off, also. D#!*mn bunnies....
I have Poppies that come up every year, and they shed their petals after about a day and a half. Definitely a "you snooze you lose" moment with them :) (The rabbits don't seem to like them as much, so at least they do get a chance to bloom at all...)
-J

I have Poppies that come up every year, and they shed their petals after about a day and a half. Definitely a "you snooze you lose" moment with them :) (The rabbits don't seem to like them as much, so at least they do get a chance to bloom at all...)
-J
I have some large poppies that are steadily taking over the border they grow in. The majority are orange, but there's one mutant pink one that always flowers first.

Sigma fp L and 24mm f/3.5, camera JPEG.

SDI0601.jpg

They generally last quite well, for several weeks.

My problem are the yellow crocus: the local wood pigeons destroy them on sight. They leave the white and purple ones alone, but the moment a yellow one starts to flower it gets pecked to bits! :confused:

I have some large poppies that are steadily taking over the border they grow in. The majority are orange, but there's one mutant pink one that always flowers first.

Sigma fp L and 24mm f/3.5, camera JPEG.

View attachment 439

They generally last quite well, for several weeks.

My problem are the yellow crocus: the local wood pigeons destroy them on sight. They leave the white and purple ones alone, but the moment a yellow one starts to flower it gets pecked to bits! :confused:
That's an amazing color poppy!
Mine are always transitory.. the plants bloom for about a week (I have two varieties, one blooms earlier, the other a couple of weeks later), but the individual flowers last for no time at all :(

Back