L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

*** May 2023 Image & Video Thread

AFTER LIFE

Just taken some rehearsal photographs of this very intriguing play based on a Japanese film. It's on at the South London Theatre in West Norwood over the coming week - well worth going if you happen to live anywhere close. All images from the S5 with Sigma 28-70 - great combination and best results I've ever had in poor light.

After Life_0013.jpg
After Life_0067.jpg
After Life_0068.jpg
After Life_0014.jpg
After Life_0053.jpg
After Life_0052.jpg

Cheers,
Jon

A few recent woodland shots.

24-105 at 24mm:

As the Sun Sets by Paul Kaye, on Flickr

24-105 at 25mm. An EV stack of 5 images over 5 stops:

A Fine Afternoon in the Woods by Paul Kaye, on Flickr

24-105 at 105mm:

Life in Abundance by Paul Kaye, on Flickr

14-28 at 14mm:

Dusk in Wappenbury Wood by Paul Kaye, on Flickr

24-105 at 105mm:

Beyond the Bluebells by Paul Kaye, on Flickr
Lovely shots and especially like "Life in Abundance" and "Dusk in Wappenbury Wood" - I can feel and almost smell what it would be like to be there!

I think your work brings up some important questions - like what kind of film does the empire shoot on? Does it produce blue holographs? Does the Death Star have 1 hour photo? Do stormtroopers take photos of their food for Imperialgram?

i think i found the answer to some of your questions!
(I'm breaking the rule a bit because this photo was shot quite a few years ago, it was shot on my Nikon Df)
14500460_10154582901584532_776219558613895313_o.jpg

AFTER LIFE

Just taken some rehearsal photographs of this very intriguing play based on a Japanese film. It's on at the South London Theatre in West Norwood over the coming week - well worth going if you happen to live anywhere close. All images from the S5 with Sigma 28-70 - great combination and best results I've ever had in poor light.

View attachment 477
View attachment 478
View attachment 479
View attachment 480
View attachment 481
View attachment 482

Cheers,
Jon
These look first rate, especially considering how difficult theatre lighting can be.

AFTER LIFE

View attachment 477
View attachment 478
View attachment 479
View attachment 480
View attachment 481
View attachment 482

Cheers,
Jon
Jon, these are great live performance shots! What kind of focal lengths and ISO settings were used?

Jon, these are great live performance shots! What kind of focal lengths and ISO settings were used?
Thanks Timothy! Most of the shots were taken between 35-70mm and mostly f2.8 with some at f4. I was metering to preserve the highlights so ISOs were quite low - generally in the region of 2000 and none of these shots is higher than 3200. I'm learning that I can underexpose quite a lot with the S5 and pull out the shadows to get very nice photos, but to be honest even the images I've shot at 6400 in the past have been very usable indeed.

Back