L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

*** June 2024 Image and Video Thread ***

BTW I intended to use HHHR for these but the wind was fierce and even with dual IS it was difficult to hold steady and the Manfrotto backpack acting like a wind rudder. It brings to mind some saying primes are sharper but in conditions like these that marginal gain without IS is definitely not.

I did the same photos before with £1200 Pentax DA* 60-250 (non lens IS) on a calm day but using IBIS on APSC and the results were similar in central but nowhere near as good anywhere near edges or especially corners on a crop sensor... That's how good the 70-300 is for those talking of buying it lately this is for reference. I could post the extreme edge crops but no need. Plus no focussing issues as reported by a user, on S5ii it nails it on any landscape where you want it.

I'm not sure you have all noticed but playing back images on an S5ii shows you where the focus was, I use a horizontal AF bar quite often for landscape but on pkayback it shows you where exactly it was.

I'm not sure you have all noticed but playing back images on an S5ii shows you where the focus was, I use a horizontal AF bar quite often for landscape but on pkayback it shows you where exactly it was.
Yes, that's a cool feature.

Yes, that's a cool feature.
It's better than cool, it means you can trust the AF and you can do the photography stuff without worrying about that side.

I'm still a long way from learning this camera and what it can do, haven't touched AF settings, don't know about the dual ISO settings for astro landscapes etc.

I have learned not to care much about that LUT hype, I tried jpeg but I'm only going to be using RAW as I always did. The LUT propaganda initially got me excited but no. Even for video I'm beyond happy what I get from the camera, it doesn't need manipulation as it looks as seen.

York Gate with the Sigma fp L and 35mm f/2.

York Gate is one acre garden at Adel in Leeds that was inspired by the Arts and Crafts movement. It was created by the Spencer family between 1951 and 1994 and given to the Gardeners' Royal Benevolent Society in 1994. I’d been here just once before, more than 30 years ago, when it was still the family’s garden: they’d open it to visitors for a couple of days each year.

I ended up with less photos than I’d hoped for since the Sigma 35mm f/2 probably wasn’t the best choice of lens: not wide enough. Plus it was far busier than I expected so getting photos without someone standing right in the middle of the scene wasn’t easy.

Recorded in May but I've just learnt that you can upload MOV files to YouTube. The video shows the stickiness of the AF and how it never moved from the original selected sparrow fledgling.

Equivalent 630mm with the 70-300, more info in description.

Recorded in May but I've just learnt that you can upload MOV files to YouTube. The video shows the stickiness of the AF and how it never moved from the original selected sparrow fledgling.

Equivalent 630mm with the 70-300, more info in description.

Shot through double-glazed windows! Nicely done! The 70-300mm lens is a great piece of kit.

Shot through double-glazed windows! Nicely done! The 70-300mm lens is a great piece of kit.
Yip with a polariser as per video description, you would have no idea it was through a double glazed window.

It's rare you buy equipment and it outperforms expectations but this did.

Compare this to the blue tit fledgling video using Pentax and I was resting the camera on top of the washing line, the Lumix one above is handheld.

I love young birdie fledglings Daumenhoch

Three pictures with the Lumix 14-28mm. I like a lot this lens... for video too:

P1425405.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5
  • LUMIX S 14-28/F4-5.6
  • 28.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/60 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

_1091230.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S1R
  • LUMIX S 14-28/F4-5.6
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/60 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

_1091231-2.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S1R
  • LUMIX S 14-28/F4-5.6
  • 28.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/200 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

Super shots, esp the rainbow. I love the 14-28 too. It works very well on the S1R.
Thank you very much, Paul.

I think it's the first time in my life (almost half a century, hahahaha) that I manage to capture a complete rainbow. I mean an almost semicircle that completes at the horizon line.

End of the 4Days marches. The children walk 4 evenings in a row a designated km (5 or 10 each evening) and the last kilometre is with big band in a march past, getting presents from their loved ones. My daughter attended this. But I only show the picture of the big band. Love the rendering of the 24-105
PANA1123.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5M2
  • LUMIX S 24-105/F4
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/125 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 160

Back