L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

*** June 2024 Image and Video Thread ***

Lighting was nice on this one, at least.
Not really TBH, the problem was there was zero good lighting due to heavy cloud and that tiny bit of light was it. I was hoping for sun beams breaking through the cloud and a golden hour for illumination but it never happened. These were only a few snaps as I trekked with the S5ii, 24-105 and 70-300 for 5 miles and somewhat had to justify carrying it :D Definitely no wall hangers or fine landscapes available.

It's a nice walk though.

Not really TBH, the problem was there was zero good lighting due to heavy cloud and that tiny bit of light was it. I was hoping for sun beams breaking through the cloud and a golden hour for illumination but it never happened. These were only a few snaps as I trekked with the S5ii, 24-105 and 70-300 for 5 miles and somewhat had to justify carrying it :D Definitely no wall hangers or fine landscapes available.

It's a nice walk though.
I’ve had days like that. ^^;;

That said, even without a sunbeam breaking through the cloud, there was still a pretty nice contrast between the dark background and the ship in the last pic.

I’ve had days like that. ^^;;
Rarely do you get godlike landscape conditions. This East coast of Ireland is 2/10 in comparison to the 10/10 West Atlantic coast. In this short video I captured the actual colours of the sunset on the West coast in 2016, amazing colours and landscapes there. It was on Pentax so no manipulation or PP as I'm only now starting to have more interest now owning Lumix.

That said, even without a sunbeam breaking through the cloud, there was still a pretty nice contrast between the dark background and the ship in the last pic.
Again being honest I had to manipulate them with LR using Dehaze and Clarity etc. not excessively but I always try and avoid this. They're just crappy snaps to show a few cows and a cruise ship. People here still find cruise ships fascinating as years back no tourists visited this specific part of Ireland.

Reactions: PJD
On Divis mountain looking out over Belfast Lough.
Do you know where the country scenes of new Niam Neeson movie, The Land of the Saints and Sinners, was filmed? Looks like this, but maybe all of Ireland looks like this.

Do you know where the country scenes of new Niam Neeson movie, The Land of the Saints and Sinners, was filmed? Looks like this, but maybe all of Ireland looks like this.
Most it filmed in Donegal around 100-150 miles West, my photo is the East coast. I've never seen it but knew about it, must watch it. Daumenhoch

Most it filmed in Donegal around 100-150 miles West, my photo is the East coast. I've never seen it but knew about it, must watch it. Daumenhoch
I've been watching Blue Lights the past week, set in Belfast. It's quite dark :eek: .

I've been watching Blue Lights the past week, set in Belfast. It's quite dark :eek: .
Police drama? It probably has a far bigger foreign following maybe a bit like us watching Crocodile Dundee and Neighbours. Z04 Auslachen

Check out the ladder going all the way to the top :oops:
'Tis a bit nerve-wracking, isn't it? o_O

Closest I can come to that is the viewing walkway on the bridge crossing just downstream of Hoover Dam.

Police drama? It probably has a far bigger foreign following maybe a bit like us watching Crocodile Dundee and Neighbours. Z04 Auslachen
Yes, it's police drama but polar opposite to shows like Neighbours! It's quite dark for a crime show and stories reference back to The Troubles. I'd never heard the police referred to as Peelers before. Had to look that one up.

Yes, it's police drama but polar opposite to shows like Neighbours! It's quite dark for a crime show and stories reference back to The Troubles. I'd never heard the police referred to as Peelers before. Had to look that one up.
Aha I see, having lived in West Belfast through all that I try and avoid it :cool: There was an excellent documentary last year if you find that history interesting and I know people who appeared in it. If you can get BBC iPlayer through a VPN or it might be available elsewhere:

Which reminds me to post my photo of a police station I took yesterday...

Aha I see, having lived in West Belfast through all that I try and avoid it :cool: There was an excellent documentary last year if you find that history interesting and I know people who appeared in it. If you can get BBC iPlayer through a VPN or it might be available elsewhere:
The Troubles have a kind of strange mental resonance for me. I mentioned before that my family went to the Isle of Man when I was a kid, and we went on to London afterwards… the same day the IRA assassinated Mountbatten. So it was all over the news (and affected public spaces in London) when I’d never even heard of the man.

Police station at Springmartin/Ballymurphy in Belfast._1001024.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5M2
  • LUMIX S 70-300/F4.5-5.6
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/400 sec
  • Other
  • ISO 100

Which reminds me to post my photo of a police station I took yesterday...
Thanks! I will see if I can find that doco locally.

Wow! That's an impressive compound for a police station, even with watchtowers!
At least they try and make them pretty nowadays with artwork prints and "Love, Live, Laugh" type messages on the outside walls. :p

A crop of Divis Tower in central Belfast, during the troubles 'war' the British army had a surveillance post right on top of it and occupied the top 2 floors of this social accommodation housing tower. The British soldiers couldn't exactly use the lift to go up and down in the 'enemy' housing block because of certain death so were transported and supplied by helicopter.

I didn't know the old mill in the foreground was decayed and obviously out of use, hence why 300mm is great getting up the mountain looking down and it's peeping galore! Much of this city has been completely changed since, Joe Biden last year staying in Grand Central hotel about 400m from here, you can also see the Hilton behind the semi-sphere glass roof top (about 1/4 from left just over 1/2 way up) which BTW has a great view if you visit, but shouted at our University photo club when we went there! No pro photographers :oops:

Below crop from below SooC no edits
Screenshot_2024-06-06-05-23-14-826_com.adobe.lrmobile-edit (1).jpg_1000989.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5M2
  • LUMIX S 70-300/F4.5-5.6
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/400 sec
  • Other
  • ISO 100

Last edited:
Back