L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

dirk

LMF-Founder
Administrator
Sigma is one of the three cooperation partners within this new L-MOUNT alliance.

In my view, Sigma plays a very important role. They are able more than anybody else to chnage their existing fullframe lenses into native L-MOUNT lenses.

Panasonic will also develop new L-MOUNT lenses. Around 10 until 2020. But they did only MicroFourThirds lenses before, so it tales a lot more time for them to design new lenses for fullframe.

Sigma on the other hand has a huge range of lenses. With the Art series, which is of highest quality, compemorary line and the sport line, Sigma can very fast change the lens mount, since these are already fullframe lenses.

This is why Sigma announced, that they will offer in 2019 already 14 (!) lenses with native L-MOUNT plus more lenses for 2020.

Additionally, they will offer adapters to the L-Mount, so that you will be hard pressed to have a lens with whioch you can not shoot on an L-MOUNT camera ;)

Old Sigma User do not have to be afraid. Sigma said, that they will continue to produce lenses for the SA mount, because tehy are their customers!

Can you believe that? THAT is a statement! Do you know any producer, that acted like this? Sony? Nikon1? Canon?

I would say this is a real committment for your customers.

IMG_20180925_194604.jpg

IMG_20180925_194734.jpg

IMG_20180925_194751.jpg

IMG_20180925_194804.jpg

IMG_20180925_194813.jpg

IMG_20180925_194827.jpg

IMG_20180925_195815.jpg

IMG_20180925_195844.jpg

IMG_20180925_195854.jpg

I recently purchased a Sigma SD Quattro H and Sigma's 14-24mm Art lens. The results are superb. My only regret is that I cannot use my legacy lenses, especially my Zeiss Contax lenses, because no adapter is available. A full frame Sigma L mount camera would be an ideal solution.

I am working on a custom adapter for C/Y to SA, but it looks like infinity focus will be impossible. It would, however, allow use of my Makro Plannar, in macro mode of course. I will let you know how it turns out.

Any idea when the new camera will be released?

Hi Ron,

Welcome to LMF33

What I did with my Contax lenses: I have converted them von C/Y mount to M42 mount. There are many cheap adapters at ebay for M42->Sigma SA

Well I'll try to get the list correct. RX, AX, 139, 167, RTS RTS II, RTS III, ST and a very old, perhaps 1954 model II. My favorite is the RX. Maybe I forgot one or two. I have 2 167s, one of which has never been used. There is a long story behind that one. I also have a G2 with four lenses.

I have many other film cameras as well, 35mm, medium format and one large format. I try to use them as often as I can find the time and opportunity.

Thanks for asking.

That sounds almost like my own story.

I used to have almist all Contax cameras. My last one was the Contax ND.

Over the years I sold all of them except the Yashica super 2000, which works even without batteries and 3 lenses.

That was really a good time then. The combination Kyocera for the high-tech bodies and Zeiss for the lenses was really good.

I hope that something similar will now happen with this new L-mount alliance.

Panasonic is really on the leading edge for newest technology well implemented, like Kyocera in the old days.

I am really excited about this alliance...

What I didn't mention was that non of my Contax cameras was working when I got them. Which means that I got them cheap. Which brings me to one of my other hobbies, camera repair.

I'm retired, and I have to keep very busy. Can't stand boredom.

I hope that the Sigma & Panasonic involvement to the L-Mount will result in similar progress as it was the case when Kyocera made the Contax bodies and Zeiss designed the lenses...

Most of the Zeiss lenses for Contax/Yashica mount were designed by Zeiss, but produced by Kyocera with quality control by Zeiss in the factory of Kyocera.

I have 3 Sigma L lenes. the 28-70 f2.8, 45 f2.8 and the 100-400 f6.3. All of them are very good for their economy line.

A six year old thread. Necro alert!

Impressive if you see what the starting point was in 2018, what kind of hopes and wishes we had for the L-Mount system and how it grew to the choice of today, isn't it?

My best hopes (except for the 28/2.0 i-series and a verly light telezoom) have been fullfilled.

We have as of 02/2024 a really huge choice of lenses from all 3 partners plus all the third party offerings.
We have a lot more choice today for different bodies, in size and in performance.

I am really glad that I bought into the LMount system so early although it was risky at that time and I am happy that I founded the LMount community, so we all can show others how good this system is.

A time travel is not only exciting, it shows us, what was really important and what not.

I agree Dirk, it's great to see L-mount expanding.

I could easily be tempted into getting a Sigma 28mm f/2 lens if one ever appears.

Yes, I just looked at our lens overview. As of 02/2024, we have now 80 native (!) lenses from Leica, Sigma and Panasonic. If we add third party lenses, we will be well above 120 lenses.

Our lens overview sheet, in which you can sort each column according your preferences is available in the top-navigation bar of the forum. Or click here:

It is so exciting, the L-Mount alliance introduced in 2023 fourteen new lenses and within the first 6 weeks of 2024 already 4 new lenses (the 28-200 included). If they keep that pace, 2024 will be a very good year for L-Mount!

Yes, I just looked at our lens overview. As of 02/2024, we have now 75 native (!) lenses from Leica, Sigma and Panasonic. If we add third party lenses, we will be well above 120 lenses.

Our lens overview sheet, in which you can sort each column according your preferences is available in the top-navigation bar of the forum. Or click here:

I have just taken a look at it and found some missing lenses:
Leica Super-Vario-Elmarit-SL 1:2,8/14-24 ASPH
Leica Super-APO-Summicron-SL 1:2/21 ASPH.
Leica Summicron-SL 1:2/35 ASPH
Leica Summicron-SL 1:2/50 ASPH
Leica Vario-Elmar-SL 1:5-6,3/100-400
and Leica Extender L 1.4x Teleconverter

Most of them are just Leica versions of Sigma or Panasonic lenses. But still.

Yes, really nice to see all the new activity in the L mount alliance. The Laowa 10/2.8 is also very interesting, it is unfortunate that it doesn‘t AF on L mount but will on Sony or Nikon.
What is happening with the Panasonic S Pro line? Is it dead? The fast standard zoom on the Panasonic roadmap isn’t a pro lens which is kind of curious. I hope that means it will be reasonably compact. A smallish 28-70 2.8 or 3.5 would be nice. I don’t think it will be 4.0 if they are calling it fast. It could be f2.0, but then why isn’t it a pro lens.

I have just taken a look at it and found some missing lenses:
Leica Super-Vario-Elmarit-SL 1:2,8/14-24 ASPH
Leica Super-APO-Summicron-SL 1:2/21 ASPH.
Leica Summicron-SL 1:2/35 ASPH
Leica Summicron-SL 1:2/50 ASPH
Leica Vario-Elmar-SL 1:5-6,3/100-400
and Leica Extender L 1.4x Teleconverter

Most of them are just Leica versions of Sigma or Panasonic lenses. But still.

Thank you for the heads up. The 50 & 35 have been already already on the list, if you sort by brandname. The rest not. I do not know why I missed them. I will add them now.

But this shows, how important it is to have this overview. It is almost impossible to get this information easy accessable on one page. I t is beyond me, why the alliance makes it so difficult for potential customers. They should act more like an alliance and not like competition.

Thank you for the heads up. The 50 & 35 have been already already on the list, if you sort by brandname. The rest not. I do not know why I missed them. I will add them now.

No there are not. Leica has two versions of each. Only the more expensive APOs are on the list. The newer non APOs (the Panasonic derivates) are missing.

What is happening with the Panasonic S Pro line? Is it dead? The fast standard zoom on the Panasonic roadmap isn’t a pro lens which is kind of curious. I hope that means it will be reasonably compact. A smallish 28-70 2.8 or 3.5 would be nice. I don’t think it will be 4.0 if they are calling it fast. It could be f2.0, but then why isn’t it a pro lens.
I don't think it's dead. Panasonic has shifted it's focus from pro's more to quality midrange products for the last couple of years, since the S5. But I think with fullfilling this roadmap, the needs of customers, who buys midrange, are mostly covered. My guess would be a new roadmap with some new pro lenses to come afterwards, at mid/end of this year.

Back