L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Lumix 28–200mm f/4–7.1 Sample Images

There’s a way to measure sharpness objectively on an optical bench - it’s called the MTF and acuity values are measured in line pairs per millimetre. Not sure how big a standard tack is, but if we really want to be objective in measuring lens performance, we need an optical bench and a machine to measure the MTF.
And even that just measures resolution; a lens can have high resolution and not appear sharp because the tonal rendering doesn't highlight the edges. Using something like the Clarity tool or the Dynamic Contrast filter can make an image appear much sharper without changing the actual resolution.

I don't see the point in comparing it to 24-105, 70-300, 70-200 f4 pro etc. etc.

It is as best as a 24-200 can be in this weight and size and should be commended. I love the images and video posted from it.

The snarpness debate for me is totally boring. Almost every sharpness freak I've ever seen on the internet does not produce interesting photography... "Look at my sharp leaf"... Anybody can do this and want you to be impressed Z04 Head Wall

Back