L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Transfer from DPREVIEW

I've done a few posings already, but haven't formally said "hello". So - "hello"!

I'm based in the UK (Midlands, just outside Leamington Spa) and am semi-retired. I love photography. You can find my Flickr here:

As well as photography, I also fly gliders (sailplanes, segelflug). Here's a picture I took from my glider last Autumn - somewhere over Wales!

IMG_2428.jpeg

I've done a few posings already, but haven't formally said "hello". So - "hello"!

I'm based in the UK (Midlands, just outside Leamington Spa) and am semi-retired. I love photography. You can find my Flickr here:

As well as photography, I also fly gliders (sailplanes, segelflug). Here's a picture I took from my glider last Autumn - somewhere over Wales!

View attachment 143

What a view! Impressive!

It seems like quite a lot of people got here after all. I am glad to see that! :) Let's re-create the same friendly atmosphere using this platform that is kindly given to us by Dirk!

Joined Yesterday myself. I’m a S5 owner. I also have a S5IIX on preorder so I’ll be posting on this camera too. I will also buy the S1 MKII when this becomes available. I always wanted a high end 8K hybrid camera. The 8K will also be great to create smooth movement on a 4K timeline in post.

Hi everybody...
It took me 16 years on DPReview as Ranlee to amass 2000 posts, so prolific I am not. Mostly on the MFT forum there for the last 10 years and a Panasonic aficionado but have also had quite a few Olympus lenses and a couple Oly bodies. Presently I have 2 G9's, a GX8 a GM5 and just recently purchased a S5II - lured by the PDAF. My photographic interests are travel, landscapes and wildlife and would rate myself as an enthusiastic amateur with barely adequate talent.

I am impressed with the CAF on the S5II and am in the process of researching and acquiring lenses. I have the kit 20-60 of course and the S-pro 16-35 which I find impressively sharp edge to edge and at all focal lengths. I am trying to keep lenses small as possible so I also picked up used Sigma 65 and 24mm DG DN which I am totally impressed with. I'm also having fun with some Canon EF lenses via the Sigma converter. Perhaps I'll post about that in the future.

I must admit feeling a little down concerning the loss of DPReview. Hopefully all that knowledge will be saved - there are/were some extremely intelligent folks on that site. I have joined a number of sites in the last week and will settle on 1 or 2 eventually. Once decided I certainly wouldn't mind supporting same with my dollars. Right now I'm happy to get a reprieve from the OM1 noise for a bit.

Thanks for the opportunity Dirk - I appreciate it.

Right now I'm happy to get a reprieve from the OM1 noise for a bit.
Welcome Randy!

I too was a long time member of the DPR MFT forum, and felt the same relief when I purchased my S5 almost a year ago and moved away from the OM-1 fandom in that forum. It was relentless! :D

Welcome Randy!

I too was a long time member of the DPR MFT forum, and felt the same relief when I purchased my S5 almost a year ago and moved away from the OM-1 fandom in that forum. It was relentless! :D
Thanks Peter. I recognize you from both the L-Mount and MFT forums. I've been lurking on the L-Mount forum for a year but really didn't want to post without having the gear. I'm having a blast with the S5II but still have my fingers crossed for a G9II with PDAF. And yes, relentless is an apt description. Thanks again Peter, see your around. :)

Just joined today and I'm looking forward to this forum being as educational and entertaining as DPReview which I've belonged to since 2010. I'm very happy someone started this forum so hats off to the creator(s). I've pretty much shot Pentax my entire life but four months ago I sold my K1iis, K5iis and all my Pentax lenses (still have a few I'm trying to sell) and purchased a Lumix S5 which I love. Looking forward to being part of the group!

Scott

Another mostly-lurker from the DPR L-mount forum... own both a Sigma fp and S5, after renting both (and a Nikon Z5, which I didn't mesh with at all); also use M4/3, with a Pen-F, E-M1 II, and GM5.

(GM5, Pen-F, fp... yeah, I like small cameras a lot. ^^;; )

Main photo interests are landscape, architecture, museums and vehicles.

Not sure if I'll end up here to stay; one thing I liked about DPR was how it combined interests in one spot, and I was following Adapted Lens, Landscape, and L-Mount. We'll see how it goes long-term!

Another mostly-lurker from the DPR L-mount forum... own both a Sigma fp and S5, after renting both (and a Nikon Z5, which I didn't mesh with at all); also use M4/3, with a Pen-F, E-M1 II, and GM5.

(GM5, Pen-F, fp... yeah, I like small cameras a lot. ^^;; )

Main photo interests are landscape, architecture, museums and vehicles.

Not sure if I'll end up here to stay; one thing I liked about DPR was how it combined interests in one spot, and I was following Adapted Lens, Landscape, and L-Mount. We'll see how it goes long-term!

Hi Travis! Good to see you here.

I also liked the Landscape forum over at DPR, although mainly the "Train, Plane, and Tram thread" where you and I have communicated.

Curiously, the three forums that I visited most at DPR - L-mount, Micro Four Thirds and Landscape - have seen a majority of the members migrate to places other than DPRevived. Most L-mount members have come to this forum, MFT members have mostly gone to micro43.org (a new standalone forum) and the Landscape members have created a Facebook page.

It will be interesting to see how all of these forums go. DPR forums had the advantage of having a solid camera gear news and review site that attracted users.

Hi Travis! Good to see you here.
Good to see you here too!
Curiously, the three forums that I visited most at DPR - L-mount, Micro Four Thirds and Landscape - have seen a majority of the members migrate to places other than DPRevived. Most L-mount members have come to this forum, MFT members have mostly gone to micro43.org (a new standalone forum) and the Landscape members have created a Facebook page.
Adapted Lens has a Flickr group, and also a sub-forum on DPRevived; the Flickr group has some activity and some nice photos but really isn’t well-suited to the kind of discussion we had on DPR; the DPRevived forum has a little activity but is mostly quiet.
I want to try posting something in the Adapted section here when I get a chance, but it won’t be the same; one thing I liked about the DPR forum is how ecumenical it was.
It will be interesting to see how all of these forums go. DPR forums had the advantage of having a solid camera gear news and review site that attracted users.
True; tho to be honest, that was less than 5% of the time I spent on the site.

Back