L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Transfer from DPREVIEW

Snowcat

Hi Everyone!

As you may already know, DPREVIEW's story is over... One person gave me this address and I think why not give it a try? Let's gather here for out talks and discussions maybe?

On DPReview I am known as PaulSnowcat. Right now I use Panasonic S1R with 20-60, 24-105, 85 and S 100-400 lenses.

If you are coming from DPREVIEW - drop a note here and lets start new topics! Make this place alive!

Hi Paul. I joined this forum a few months back but quickly found it was very quiet. It would be nice if we could invigorate things. The L mount needs an active user community.

Hi Paul, yes another saddened user of DPR who saw this suggestion as a new home.. user of L mount Panasonic and Leica (among others;)).. hope to get to know some new peeps and stay in touch with other movers!

Hi all,

I'm another regular from the DPReview L-mount forum. Same user-name here as there. I hope everyone else decides to join us here to regroup as a community of users.

Hi Paul, Peter et alii,

glad to see you found it here.

Welcome to LMF33
The forum software here is quiet intuitive, so there will be no problem for dpreview users to use it.

Now it is up to you to make this the best old/new dpreview L-Mount place on the net!

Tell Your Friends1

You might have seen that we have here also a lens overview table with all available L-Mount lenses. If not, check it out here: https://l-mount-forum.com/l-mount-lenses/

Have fun here!

The forum software here is quiet intuitive, so there will be no problem for dpreview users to use it.

Now it is up to you to make this the best old/new dpreview L-Mount place on the net!

Thanks Dirk!

Quick question - I tried to upload a photo but got an error message that it was too large. The photo was a JPEG, originally taken RAW on my S5 and processed with DxO PhotoLab. I am guessing there is a size limit for this site. Can you advise what it is?

Thanks Dirk!

Quick question - I tried to upload a photo but got an error message that it was too large. The photo was a JPEG, originally taken RAW on my S5 and processed with DxO PhotoLab. I am guessing there is a size limit for this site. Can you advise what it is?
Just a quick knee-jerk reaction to this... a photo forum with size limits on images is not very helpful.

I tried an image 8200px across and it failed, but OTOH, it works at 2000px across:
52760568486_7513c25754_k.jpg

And at 4000px across:
52760568486_499a7cc353_4k.jpg

But both look like they're downsized :( .

But Flickr links at full res work fine:

The Minutes Before Sunrise by Paul Kaye, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just a quick knee-jerk reaction to this... a photo forum with size limits on images is not very helpful.

But OTOH, it works at 2000px across:

And at 4000px across:

But both look like they're downsized :( .

But Flickr links at full res work fine:

The Minutes Before Sunrise by Paul Kaye, on Flickr

Thanks Paul. I wonder if it's based on file size as in megabytes?
Anyway, the link to Flickr might be best.
Great photo by the way!

Thanks Dirk!

Hi Peter,

we have restrictions in Pixel and in KB. Currently this is 2000x1600 Pixel and 500KB. This may vary in the future depending on the serverload and activity. I might buy also an addon to be able to finetune these settings depending on the usergroup, i.e. Patrons then would be able to uplaod larger images than other members.

See also the information regarding uploads here: https://l-mount-forum.com/community/threads/how-to-upload-images.7/

In the PMs, only Patrons can upload images

Best wishes

Unfortunately, we have to limit the space used in the server. With minimum resolution of cameras of 24MP nowadays and file sizes well above 10MB for a jpeg image, we need to adjust the images before we upload them onto our servers. I want to offer my forums always for free. So I need to make a compromise to be able to cover the costs of running such a photo community forum ;)

This is why embedding images from Flickr etc. is allowed too. The downside of embedded images is, that as soon as Flickr et alii changes something in the code, the images are gone. Not visible here anymore.

As always, there is no free lunch...

Hi Peter,

we have restrictions in Pixel and in KB. Currently this is 2000x1600 Pixel and 500KB. This may vary in the future depending on the serverload and activity. I might buy also an addon to be able to finetune these settings depending on the usergroup, i.e. Patrons then would be able to uplaod larger images than other members.

See also the information regarding uploads here: https://l-mount-forum.com/community/threads/how-to-upload-images.7/

In the PMs, only Patrons can upload images

Best wishes

Thanks Dirk.

Unfortunately, we have to limit the space used in the server. With minimum resolution of cameras of 24MP nowadays and file sizes well above 10MB for a jpeg image, we need to adjust the images before we upload them onto our servers. I want to offer my forums always for free. So I need to make a compromise to be able to cover the costs of running such a photo community forum ;)

This is why embedding images from Flickr etc. is allowed too. The downside of embedded images is, that as soon as Flickr et alii changes something in the code, the images are gone. Not visible here anymore.

As always, there is no free lunch...
Thanks Dirk - I understand. Thanks for your efforts to keep it free for users. BTW - I do put some donations to other forums I use, and will be happy to do so here if things take off. As you say, there is no free lunch, so I expect to pay at least something!

Hi everyone! I'm also new to this forum from DPReview, and was also mostly a lurker there. I was all in on m43 system until reading a lot of @pdk42 and @Peter_W (ands several others) discussions on the Panasonic S5. That convinced me to give full frame a try. I've always wondered how it would compare. I'll try to be involved here!

Hi Everyone!

As you may already know, DPREVIEW's story is over... One person gave me this address and I think why not give it a try? Let's gather here for out talks and discussions maybe?

On DPReview I am known as PaulSnowcat. Right now I use Panasonic S1R with 20-60, 24-105, 85 and S 100-400 lenses.

If you are coming from DPREVIEW - drop a note here and lets start new topics! Make this place alive!
Me too, just over from dpreview.
Lumix S5, 12-60 and Sigma 16-28 f2.8.
Gave my Sigma 100-400 to my son because I never used it. He has the Lumix S5 ii.

Hi everyone! I'm also new to this forum and a new Lumix user. I come from Nikon Z and my S5 II should arrive in the next 2 weeks. I usually lurk in the dpreview forums but hopefully that changes here. Looking forward to actively contribute and engage here!

Hi, I also followed the call at the DPR Forum. I shoot with a Lumix S5 and a couple of lenses (20-60, 28-70 f2.8, 35 f2, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8 and 30-700) for almost two years now, coming from Lumix G81 and GX80. I'm looking forward for some exchange of experience an knowledge about existing and new L-Mount stuff.

Hi, I also followed the call at the DPR Forum. I shoot with a Lumix S5 and a couple of lenses (20-60, 28-70 f2.8, 35 f2, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8 and 30-700) for almost two years now, coming from Lumix G81 and GX80. I'm looking forward for some exchange of experience an knowledge about existing and new L-Mount stuff.

LMount and MFT... exactly my taste :)

Welcome king_solom0n, MattGeo399, Rens, lipwen and Quentinquirelino!

Welcome to LMF33

Thank you for joining us. We try everything that you will feel here "at home" and that you will not suffer too long from the dpreview exodus pain.

I have some things going on behind the curtain and hope if it works out well to make all dpreview user soon happy with it Z04 Nic 0075

Just bear with me. This hit me totally unexpected too.

What you currently see is only the beginning. Nothing is set in stone here, so we can adapt and improve over time what the majority wants to have. Layout, structure, new sections etc. The sky is the limit. We will do whatever it takes to make this the best resort for all dpreview users. In all my forums, no matter which brand. z04 dance00

Another DPReview transfer.

I joined the forum sometime back in 2000 and managed a grand total of 16 posts. I was a long time Nikon user and was far more active on Nikonians where I was a forum moderator for a while... something I'll never do again. ;)

So why L-Mount? I just don’t like Nikon’s Z series. But I do like the Panasonic S5, particularly for its excellent image quality and colour.

Back