L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

The S9 is selling well apparently !

Stupid question. And how do I change the lens aperture on the camera itself?? I read the instructions but found nothing.

Stupid question. And how do I change the lens aperture on the camera itself?? I read the instructions but found nothing.

With the front dial around the shutter.

But please no gear discussions in the classified section. I will move this to the S9 thread

I find this video of Sam Holland good. He also compares the S9 to the Fuji X100V/VI and Sony A7cii

Clearly his comments are about video really. He never once mentions the lack of an EVF, and his comparison against the A7Cii (all 5 seconds of it) was just "the image quality is nowhere near as good" - which for stills is clearly just nonsense.

Clearly his comments are about video really. He never once mentions the lack of an EVF, and his comparison against the A7Cii (all 5 seconds of it) was just "the image quality is nowhere near as good" - which for stills is clearly just nonsense.
Sam is 99% a videographer, so yeah that might definitely be the case.

Although I think it is not made a photo OR video camera, it is a CONTENT CREATOR camera.
I know for many people in this forum these words are like bad language, but that is the proposed target audience, and the biggest reason why so many camera's are still sold.

I presume also that the S5ii(X) is also mainly sold to content creators, I'm one of them, also for me it is definitely mostly video (90%).

I do think I might make more photos now that Lumix Lab is compatible, but we will see in the future.

And remember: R&D is not done in a few months, when the company where I work for develops a new product, we talk often about 2 to 3 years development time. And a few months extra when anything goes wrong according plan.

But I fully agree with Dirk, because of these audiences there is still the amount of R&D money, and this will also be used for more high end camera's in the future...

He never once mentions the lack of an EVF
I wonder if Lumix could have implemented a hot shoe in the S9 and if they would have sold many more cameras to photographers if an optional Evf to mount it on the hot shoe had been offered.

Maybe they can do it for the S9ii :oops:

Of course they could have made this. But they did not want to. The S9 was surely not an accident. We are running in circles here again and again. This is not the first camera Pansonic ever made. They know what they are doing.

Why putting everything into one camera, when you can sell 2 different ones instead? Everybody does this, no matter which brand.

I would not be surprised, if something similar to the S9 with hotshoe and EVF and maybe also a grip will come one day.

As Dirk said, use the front dial around the shutter.

In P, A and M modes, the dial changes the aperture.
In S mode, the dials changes the shutter speed.
In M mode, you use the command dial to change the shutter speed.

As Dirk said, use the front dial around the shutter.

In P, A and M modes, the dial changes the aperture.
In S mode, the dials changes the shutter speed.
In M mode, you use the command dial to change the shutter speed.
I understood. My aperture doesn't change, probably because my lenses have an aperture ring.

I understood. My aperture doesn't change, probably because my lenses have an aperture ring.
Ah, ok. I have some of the Sigma lenses. The aperture ring has to be set to A in order for the camera dials to work.

What is quite funny the S9 is now cheaper with the 26mm f8 in the Netherlands than with the 18-40mm

1729079141985.png

What is quite funny the S9 is now cheaper with the 26mm f8 in the Netherlands than with the 18-40mm

View attachment 7688
Yeah pricing can be illogical, Wex UK have Lumix S5ii combos cheaper than their used gear.

New S5ii, 50mm and 20-60mm is £1429 and their used S5ii list alone without lenses are £1329 to £1479.

Much to do with the £500 discount code.

Back