L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

The first third-party L-mount autofocus lens?

Richard Wong

Meike has just announced a new 85 1.4 AF lens at NAB. and most interesting thing is, it will also be available in L-mount

I'm currently reviewing their new 85 1.8 AF for Nikon Z mount.. and i will definitely check with them and see if I can review the 85 1.4 L-mount when it's available.

(Slightly off topic, for those of you also shoot with micro four-thirds, I'm also reviewing the Yongnuo 12-35 f/2.8-4 AF lens for micro four-thirds )

Just ignore this post guys, i didn't notice Quentinquirelino already posted one in the news forum
we can continue the discussion on the other thread :)

If you could get your hands on the L-Mount version for testing, it would be great to know how the performance is on the DFD only Bodys. I wouldn't expect any issues with the S5II so.

As the original S5 is for sale for a discount and maybe some considering it as cheap entrance to full frame, they would be interested how the cheapest f1.4 lens available for the camera would perform.

Personally I'm very happy with the Panasonic S 85mm f1.8. But I'm hoping for other manufacturers to follow, as there are some interesting cheap third party lenses for other mounts.

Meike has sent me a Nikon Z version and i just completed and published my review.
It's a solid lens. A bit heavy. I don't think it will make people who have the Nikon Z 85mm f/1.8S to sell their lens and get this one instead.
But considering the price is only $470 I think it's pretty good value.
They told me the L-mount version is not ready yet but I'll try to get them to send me a sample once it's ready so i will see how it performs on the S5 and S5II

20230930-DSC_8855.jpg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON Z 6
  • MEIKE 85mmF1.4Z
  • 85.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.4
  • 1/2500 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100
20230927-DSC_8566.jpg
  • MEIKE 85mmF1.4Z
  • 85.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.4
  • 1/125 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 280
20230930-DSC_8877.jpg
  • MEIKE 85mmF1.4Z
  • 85.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.4
  • 1/1600 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100
20230930-DSC_8809.jpg
  • MEIKE 85mmF1.4Z
  • 85.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.4
  • 1/1000 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

They told me the L-mount version is not ready yet but I'll try to get them to send me a sample once it's ready so i will see how it performs on the S5 and S5II

That would be great!

Although the different 24MP sensors Nikon/Lumix will not differ that much (my guess). So your Z-review should apply the same way to the future L-Mount version.

That would be great!

Although the different 24MP sensors Nikon/Lumix will not differ that much (my guess). So your Z-review should apply the same way to the future L-Mount version.

yes the image quality should be more or less the same. I'm most interested in the autofocus performance and overall compatibility!

Back