L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Rumors Sigma super fast Full Frame prime lens for Sony E and Leica L

Quentinquirelino

The lately announced 500mm and the 15mm are just out for sale and the next Sigma lens already knocks on the door. Sigma will release a super fast prime, faster than f1.4, at the end of the month. Most realistic possibilities are 50mm or 85mm f1.2.

f1.2 for me only means one thing, is is good enough wide open for astro photography? Otherwise I find this trend bizarre, 1/2 stop faster than f1.4 and I hate totally obliterated bokeh backgrounds. I actually love the background bokeh level I can get from 24-105 f4 so that says it all.

You may as well just buy one of the budget Chinese 0.95 jobs and have a play and brag about that and if you then really want the speed and DOF slam £1.5 - 2k on the Sigma.

It could be good fun for nighttime street photography too I suppose and the Sigma will have AF, whereas the Chinese ones don't. Not even the £11k Noctilux.

Always good to push boundaries though but none of them come close to the f0.7 lenses Stanley Kubrick owned and used in Barry Lyndon.:cool:

It's gonna be another 50mm! A fast 50mm f1.2 in size and weight close to the 50mm f1.2:

Back