L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Not yet an L-Mount user, but coming over from DPR

WT21

Evaluating L-Mount. Long time m43 user, and very pleased with Panasonic gear. Will be lurking a bit here, now that DPR is disappearing.

Welcome. Panasonic S cameras have very similar handling, menus, and controls to G cameras. If you’re S curious, you’d do worse than getting a used S5 plus the 20-60 kit lens to give it a whirl. The lens has a great focal length range and the IQ is way better than you might expect. You’ll love how clean ISO 6400 is from the S5.

Evaluating L-Mount. Long time m43 user, and very pleased with Panasonic gear. Will be lurking a bit here, now that DPR is disappearing.
I was a regular MFT user of Panasonic gear. Started with the GX85 and then went to the G95.
I can recommend the move to L-mount. I have the S5 and the similarity to the G95 made the transition easy.

Welcome. I was also a Lumix G user who migrated to the S cameras after the release of the S5 in 2020. I believed in the idea of the shared mount and was already a fan of sigma lenses. The S5 brought the size/cost prospect of an L mount camera into my ballpark and I decided it was the path for me.

Welcome WT21!
and yes Lsake, i also like the idea of shared mount. That's one thing got me interested in micro four-thirds back then and L-mount these days.

I love the GS5. Colors are beautiful...High ISO is another world...menu system is same. The only negative is the lenses are larger. For me, lens size only a problem when I am shooting with my 70-300. My problem is that I am 80 years old and heavy lenses become very tiring. I usually use my 35mm lens, the 20-60 is not large or heavy and the 24-105 is fine. I intend to buy the GS5II.

Back