L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Not yet an L-Mount user, but coming over from DPR

WT21

Evaluating L-Mount. Long time m43 user, and very pleased with Panasonic gear. Will be lurking a bit here, now that DPR is disappearing.

Welcome. Panasonic S cameras have very similar handling, menus, and controls to G cameras. If you’re S curious, you’d do worse than getting a used S5 plus the 20-60 kit lens to give it a whirl. The lens has a great focal length range and the IQ is way better than you might expect. You’ll love how clean ISO 6400 is from the S5.

Hi WT21,

Welcome to LMF33

If you liked MFT, you will like Lumix LMount bodies.

I use several different systems, but MFT und LMount the most.

Evaluating L-Mount. Long time m43 user, and very pleased with Panasonic gear. Will be lurking a bit here, now that DPR is disappearing.
I was a regular MFT user of Panasonic gear. Started with the GX85 and then went to the G95.
I can recommend the move to L-mount. I have the S5 and the similarity to the G95 made the transition easy.

Welcome. I was also a Lumix G user who migrated to the S cameras after the release of the S5 in 2020. I believed in the idea of the shared mount and was already a fan of sigma lenses. The S5 brought the size/cost prospect of an L mount camera into my ballpark and I decided it was the path for me.

Welcome WT21!
and yes Lsake, i also like the idea of shared mount. That's one thing got me interested in micro four-thirds back then and L-mount these days.

I love the GS5. Colors are beautiful...High ISO is another world...menu system is same. The only negative is the lenses are larger. For me, lens size only a problem when I am shooting with my 70-300. My problem is that I am 80 years old and heavy lenses become very tiring. I usually use my 35mm lens, the 20-60 is not large or heavy and the 24-105 is fine. I intend to buy the GS5II.

Back