L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Lumix S 26mm f8 bodycap lens

Markuswelder

It's a little ripper. I bought one at full retail (I think) -not inherited as part of a kit, and it's been pretty much stuck on my S5 ever since. I really get what Panasonic was up to when they designed it. A tiny, light, simple little lens that's just great fun to use. Without thinking too deeply or seriously about the gear. It turns my S5 into a supercharged phone camera. With an EVF. Not to be taken too seriously.
240915Es-P1013687.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5
  • LUMIX S 26/F8
  • 26.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/30 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

240915Es-P1013689.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5
  • LUMIX S 26/F8
  • 26.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/30 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100
240915Es-P1013683.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5
  • LUMIX S 26/F8
  • 26.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/160 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

Even better on an S9. I think I have heard of this thing you call EVF.
Curious as to how it's better. No viewfinder is a no go for me now, after bulk frustrations with a couple of viewfinderless cameras I've owned/still own long term. I even tried shooting for a week using rear screen only on my S5, not happening.

Curious as to how it's better. No viewfinder is a no go for me now, after bulk frustrations with a couple of viewfinderless cameras I've owned/still own long term. I even tried shooting for a week using rear screen only on my S5, not happening.
I agree. Lack of EVF is an absolute deal breaker.

Back