L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Lumix live special

Thanks Richard. This just popped up in my Facebook feed too. It’s a bit late for me to stay up to watch live Sydney time but I am looking forward to watching the recording tomorrow morning. ✅

I expect a few firmware-update video's to expect quite soon afterwards, from the happy few who could already test it...
Especially awaiting one from Richard ;-)

Thanks for the video Richard!
For me the proxy and Autofocus are the most interesting bits. Although E-stabilization high options wil also sometimes be very useful.

The official video plays not fluid, so I watched Richards summary Teufel Grinsend Schwanz

This firmware update is very exciting. It is Kaizen. This and future firmware updates will make the Lumix S5ii/iix really a great investment. Futureproof. Now only a RF style body is missing. Z04 Discosmilie

Funny the video is not working properly live

I guess it shows that the interest in the L-Mount system is siginificantly increasing and more people want to see the event than anticipated.

I could imagine that the Frame.io support is a feature much appreciated by event and sport photographers like on the Olympics.

You shoot and the camera sends the images automatically via Wifi to Frame.io and your collegues can access immediately the images at Frame.io to use them in the online edition of the newspaper.

Wedding videographers would love it too for the "same day edit" - usually you would show the guest an edited highlight video shot earlier that day. It's always a nightmare try to constantly pass the memory card to the editor as quickly as possible so the editor have enough time to edit the video together.

But... i think it's great for non-pro users too. For example, when you are travelling, you can just backup all the photos to the cloud super easily. You just need to connect to your hotel's wifi at the end of each day, hit upload button then all your photos will be backup securely already when you are sleeping

You just need to connect to your hotel's wifi at the end of each day, hit upload button then all your photos will be backup securely already when you are sleeping

That is a very good idea. How much does Frame.io cost?

You are allowed to say again "game changer" ;)

there is a free account but that is only 2GB (!!)
Or if you are adobe cloud user, then there is a 100GB account you can use. which is probably enough to backup photos (or at least JPGs) from a trip.
But if you need more it's $15/$25 per month. Not sure what currency it is.

While most people would be super happy with the improved AI, IBIS, pre-burst, or proxy recording, to me Frame.io support is the game changer! Oh I hate that word , but it is game changer!
Interesting. I've used Frame.io when working on other peoples videos, but never used it for my own work. Now I'll have to check it out!

I guess it shows that the interest in the L-Mount system is siginificantly increasing and more people want to see the event than anticipated.
Only 300 or so watching live, hardly a DDOS attack :)
Interesting. I've used Frame.io when working on other peoples videos, but never used it for my own work. Now I'll have to check it out!
You'll find the proxy video function very handy... Maybe?

Back