L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

*** April 2024 Image and Video Thread ***

pdk42

So, April is here - time for autumn shots from the south and spring shots from the north! Usual rules apply, so feel free to post images taken earlier - the only constraint is that the image should be taken with an L mount camera (and lens, obviously!).

Cubism I like, what size was this? Who made it? What's it doing here? What is it for? It's a bit like 2001: A Space Oddysey :p

I used to make concrete cubes for testing but these were 15cm, this looks bigger like what the British army used to try and block roads with here.

I am guessing this is a close-up shot of half a house brick.

I am guessing this is a close-up shot of half a house brick.
Nope, that is a badly poured concrete cube. House building block here is 440 x 215 x 100mm (sorry for remembering that but I was a construction engineer Daumenhoch ).

It's generating interest anyway, instead of not seeing nor considering photographing such inanimate objects going for the usual it makes photography much more interesting.

Perhaps a good idea for a thread Spread The News1

Yes - It's a big cube - almost head height. There are seven of them on the beach at Bamborough. Here's a shot with them all in.

PS1R5377_1600.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S1R
  • LUMIX S 24-105/F4
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/60 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

First birding from inside house through double glazing, both cropped for reach.

First time I have ever seen juvenile (probably fledged last year) Great Tits (are they?)in the garden and there were 3 of them.

Tried the human/animal tracking first but that focussed on the leaves behind. Both are heavily cropped, more on the feeder further away. LR mobile is rather excellent, the robin may be too dark for some. Glad to use the 70-300 for starters. It would take 1200mm to even get close to fully framing the small great tit (if it is one :D)._1000295.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5M2
  • LUMIX S 70-300/F4.5-5.6
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/640 sec
  • Spot
  • ISO 6400
_1000319 (5).jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5M2
  • LUMIX S 70-300/F4.5-5.6
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/640 sec
  • Spot
  • ISO 3200

First time I have ever seen juvenile (probably fledged last year) Great Tits (are they?)in the garden and there were 3 of them.

Tried the human/animal tracking first but that focussed on the leaves behind. Both are heavily cropped, more on the feeder further away. LR mobile is rather excellent, the robin may be too dark for some. Glad to use the 70-300 for starters. It would take 1200mm to even get close to fully framing the small great tit (if it is one :D).
Very nicely done! Processing looks great to me, very natural.

Very nicely done! Processing looks great to me, very natural
Amazing you can process RAWs with a phone lying on a sofa. If I had to do the whole editing rigmarole at a desk like in the past I wouldn't have done it. Maybe some of you have been using LR mobile for years but I'm always late to this kind of thing.

Amazing you can process RAWs with a phone lying on a sofa. If I had to do the whole editing rigmarole at a desk like in the past I wouldn't have done it. Maybe some of you have been using LR mobile for years but I'm always late to this kind of thing.
I've been a long-time user of DxO PhotoLab which I use on my laptop.

I don't do much editing, usually just horizon level, adjust perspective on wide-angle shots if the objects are "leaning", de-haze and bring up the shadows. I've got the S5II set up to write RW2s to one SD card and JPEGs to the other, so I should check the JPEGs out to see if I really need to do much editing!

That's a coal tit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_tit

A pair of them showed up in my garden not so long ago (nice change from the big, fat wood pigeons that are driving all the other birds out round here) and I didn't know what they were.
Thanks, bizarrely the coal tits are helping feed the wood pigeons in my garden by throwing most of the seeds from the feeder on the ground, the wood pigeons then hovering those up.

I tried the burst mode and cropping in at 300mm I seen the coal tit had wedged a seed between it's feet and seemed to be removing the husk, that's the beauty of a great camera and lens capturing this kind of thing that is too small and fast to see with your eyes.

Tried the human/animal tracking first but that focussed on the leaves behind. Both are heavily cropped, more on the feeder further away. LR mobile is rather excellent, the robin may be too dark for some. Glad to use the 70-300 for starters. It would take 1200mm to even get close to fully framing the small great tit (if it is one :D).View attachment 3205View attachment 3206
Love the one of the robin!

Back