L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

dirk

LMF-Founder
Administrator
Hi,

since the L-MOUNT offers new opportunities to adapter other lenses to L-MOUNT cameras, I would like to start a thread in which we can collect all kind of adapters we are seeing to be able to use non-L-MOUNT lenses on L-MOUNT cameras.

I start with the announcement of Sigma at Photokina, that they will offer different adapters. Prices and availability is still unknown.

IMG_20180925_194604.jpg

So these are already 4 adapters:

Sigma SA-L Adapter
Sigma EF-L Adapter
Sigma PL-L Adapter
Sigma M-L Adapter

As far as Panasonic told me, there will be no MFT->L-MOUNT adapters.

As far as I remember, there exists already an adapter from Leica:

Leica R -> L-MOUNT adapter

but that one is expensive (around 700€?)

Whatever you find on the net, please post it here.

Novoflex is likely the best known adapter manufacturer. Their products cost $$$.

Recently people recommend Urth a good deal, but this seems to be based on marketing more than use.

I bought an inexpensive K&F Concept adapter for K-mount (€30) and it works perfectly. No wiggle; no worries.

I would like to start a thread in which we can collect all kind of adapters
Very good idea, Dirk.

I wonder what is the best adapter for Nikon F lenses to L-Mount cameras.

Does anyone know something about this adapter?

It has built-in ND variable filter.

I have a K&F both in Canon EF and Nikon F/G mount. The first one is to mount a 1.4 and 2x extender to then mount my collection of B4 (pro video) lenses.
The second one is to mount a couple of Sigma EX lenses, a 15-30 and a 24-70 (Nikon F).
The adapter are simple mechanical ones of very good quality. Bought for 29 € each. The Nikon comes with a six step aperture ring to work with G series lenses that are made without aperture control ring.

The Nikon comes with a six step aperture ring to work with G series lenses that are made without aperture control ring.
Thank you, Gaman. That would be good. The idea is to use it with Nikon F "pre-G" era lenses. Also, manual focus.

Novoflex is likely the best known adapter manufacturer. Their products cost $$$.

Recently people recommend Urth a good deal, but this seems to be based on marketing more than use.

I bought an inexpensive K&F Concept adapter for K-mount (€30) and it works perfectly. No wiggle; no worries.
I have Urth M42-L, PK-L and NIKON-L. They are all well made and fit perfectly. Manual only of course.

I had commlite ef adapter and it was not working at all. Bought it used and returned it. Maybe it was a bad copy, but i heard others also hab bad ones.

I would recommend K&F Concept adapters - they're solidly built, work well and are reasonably priced. I've used them on both Fujifilm and L-mount and the only problem I've ever had is one Pentax lens (M series 120mm f/2.8) which won't mount on the K&F adapter that allows for some control of the aperture on lenses that don't have an aperture ring. That lens seems to be a little non-standard at the mount so I blame Pentax more than K&F). The standard PK to L adapter works fine.

I've also used an Urth one and it works well but is ugly.

I recommend the Urth adapters. I have cheap adapters from fotodiox and I find the Urth a better fit and better made. currently have Nikon F- L, Konica AR-L, M42-L. Also their customer service is excellent. I had an issue with an order not arriving and not only did they send me a replacement they refunded the full purchase price.

I would recommend K&F Concept adapters - they're solidly built, work well and are reasonably priced.

I have now used three different K&F Concept adapters and they all work perfectly with no wiggle. Here in EU they are half the price of Urth for the same thing.

Only thing I'd like is a rear cap since the normal Panasonic lens caps don't quite fit. I have written to them with this request.

I have now used three different K&F Concept adapters and they all work perfectly with no wiggle. Here in EU they are half the price of Urth for the same thing.

Only thing I'd like is a rear cap since the normal Panasonic lens caps don't quite fit. I have written to them with this request.
Yeah, I had to buy some spare rear caps from Amazon and since the L-mount isn't very common they cost a lot more than if they'd been for almost any other mount.

The best solution would be to offer a rear cap for an additional (reasonable) price with each adapter.

Yeah, I had to buy some spare rear caps from Amazon and since the L-mount isn't very common they cost a lot more than if they'd been for almost any other mount.
Were you able to find caps that fit? As noted, the official Panasonic caps do not fit the K&F adapters. Slightly different sizes.

The ones I bought are JJC branded, bought from Amazon Spain, but I've had a look and I can't find them anywhere.

I tried my Panasonic and Sigma rear caps on the K&F adapter - the Panasonics are loose so fall off while the Sigma ones are nicer and stay in place.

I didn’t understand why people were saying Urth adapters were exspensive. I visited their site today and the prices have almost doubled since I bought some last December. They were all under $40 and Im pretty sure I only paid $30 for a M42-L.

I paid exactly €30 from Amazon Spain for my Urth PK --> L adapter some time last year and that seems a reasonable price, though I like the K&F ones more and they're cheaper still. I checked the exact same item today and now it costs €55 :oops:. The K&F ones have not increased in price and so now represent much, much better value.

I found the JJC rear cap hiding on my Sigma 24mm. It fits on the K&F adapter and stays on, albeit with a little less grip than the Sigma rear caps do. So it seems the Panasonic ones are the worst.

Hmmm... I wonder if Sigma sell the rear caps separately at reasonable prices.

Just today I had the Sigma Spain page open and a suggested accessory for the lenses was their L-mount rear cap at €6.99 and I thought I should have ordered a couple with my recent purchase of the 50mm f/2. The JJC cost me €10 (now €11) for one rear cap and one body cap so €6.99 isn't too bad (I don't need more body caps).

Their reference number is A00220 and the EAN code (whatever that is) is 085126937256.

Last edited:
Just today I had the Sigma Spain page open and a suggested accessory for the lenses was their L-mount rear cap at €6.99 and I thought I should have ordered a couple with my recent purchase of the 50mm f/2. The JJC cost me €10 (now €11) for one rear cap and one body cap so €6.99 isn't too bad (I don't need more body caps).

Their reference number is A00220 and the EAN code (whatever that is) is 085126937256.

Back