L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Rumors Panasonic new camera rumor roundup

mmmhhhhh....

no mentioning of an MFT GX9 successor...

For L-Mount, I could imagine an S5R.

Since the S5 has so much success because of its smaller body, it does not make sense to choose now again a bigger body for a high resolution model. Nikon and Sony do the same. Small bodies with high resolution.

A fixed lens camera like a Leica Q3 would be nice too.

But I really hoped for a RF style body for L-Mount. Let's wait and see.

No, have not seen this. But with rumor sites you never know whether it is just fishing for clicks and no real news or whether really something new will be said.

...maybe... is the new entry level FF Lumix compact camera? Z04 Sabber
Looks like entry, looks like content creators vlogging camera.

If true, this is than what I expected... And we have discussed before.

Who knows, perhaps good as C-cam... But does it have V-log?

Very disappointing for me personally.

No viewfinder and again an ugly articulating screen. Then a Sigma fp would be the better choice for me, if I would have to choose between the two.

We have to wait what the next Lumix camera will be after this one, but if it will be again a big one, Panasonic will loose potential customers to Nikon and Sony.

We need a small fullframe RF style camera. It is a shame that Sony is dominating again this niche and noone does something against it.

Or is Leica not allowing it, because they fear that they would sell less M cameras and less Q3 cameras?

Who knows, perhaps good as C-cam
Yes, you are right, it looks more like a everyday carry VIDEO camera... similar to the Sony ZV-E1 but much cheaper and for content creators Vloggers, Youtubers, etc. Maybe it has a button to transfer directly the content to your smartphone, like the Lumix G100 has, something extremely easy to share online.

I seems it will be very small, something like the Sigma FP, without EVF. I just hope it has IBIS, PDAF and it is weather sealed.

I guess Panasonic has seen some kind of market gap there.

He didn't say anything about the lens, did he? What focal length and aperture... Or is it a short wide angle zoom?

We need a small fullframe RF style camera.
I am optimistic, Dirk. I see Panasonic really trying hard to gain market share. At least regarding video content creators. They are competing with or following Sony mainly IMHO.

The rumors say that we can expect 3 cameras this year. The Lumix SL3 will come. And the RF style camera could come too, who knows. And a couple of pancake lenses with it... Z04 Breakdance.gif

Latest rumor:

Compact L-mount. Targeted at "content creators". No EVF.

No thanks!

Here too; just the trendy catch words put me off!
:confused:
Then again, a good hot shoe VF could make it more interesting... Maybe... Nah!
BTW, content creator to me sounds more and more like 'digital slave' of the mega corps; but surely i'm wrong.

BTW, content creator to me sounds more and more like 'digital slave' of the mega corps; but surely i'm wrong
Haha interesting and kind of true, personally I'd hate to be creating content, it's a horrible job. I've grown quite sick of YouTube, I like the older archived professional TV productions on it but that amateur content creator stuff is mostly garbage and I'm especially sick of the camera stuff, probably as I watched too much of it or fed up looking for good stuff trawling through all the stuff the algorithm thinks I want to see.

So you're right... Slaves creating and slaves watching, same as most media I suppose.

Targeted at "content creators".

That alone is enough to put me off completely.

Well, at least there were those rumours you reported from the UK Photography Show that early versions of the S1ii are out there, so maybe one of the three cameras that have been registered will turn out to be something interesting.

He didn't say anything about the lens, did he? What focal length and aperture... Or is it a short wide angle zoom?
It will be L-Mount, so no fixed lens.

No viewfinder and again an ugly articulating screen. Then a Sigma fp would be the better choice for me, if I would have to choose between the two.

For me, the missing articulating screen is an equally difficult thing like the missing EVF. Maybe I could accept one of both missing, but the FP has neither. And additionally to that, it's missing a mechanical shutter.

...Targeted at "content creators". ...

I don't care, what it's marketed for. If it's a compact and cheap S5II, I'm considering it. But the missing EVF would be a hard drawback for me.

The even bigger issue would be the lenses. Currently all my lenses have a good size for the S5. But would probably be to big for a much smaller camera. I also can't see much options in the available lens selection in L-Mount. Maybe the smaller I-Series lenses, like the 17/4, 24/3.5 and 45/2.8. But nothing from Panasonic.

The even bigger issue would be the lenses. Currently all my lenses have a good size for the S5. But would probably be to big for a much smaller camera. I also can't see much options in the available lens selection in L-Mount. Maybe the smaller I-Series lenses, like the 17/4, 24/3.5 and 45/2.8. But nothing from Panasonic
I was thinking the exact same thing. The Lumix primes are arguably too big and unweildy for a handheld vlogging camera. Many are crying out for pancake lenses that would be suitable for a small camera and lots of bigger camera owners want them also.

A 45mm is no use for a handheld vlogging camera and the 17/4 isn't really fast enough so it's weird. It kind of reminds me of the Pentax K-01 with no viewfinder but at least that was sold with a real tiny 40/f2.8 pancake lens, it wasn't sold as a vlogging camera though... I don't know what it was supposed to be, just whacky Pentax.

I think this new Lumix would be 10x more appealing if they launched it with such pancakes, it's not a photographer camera so they could sacrifice IQ outside the middle to make real smallness.

If it's not supposed to be handheld what's the purpose of it? Maybe just a shaved down cheaper S5ii to open up to a market wanting the S5ii video quality without the photography bits? I think this is what they have done instead of taking on DJI for handheld.

A 45mm is no use for a handheld vlogging camera and the 17/4 isn't really fast enough so it's weird. It kind of reminds me of the Pentax K-01 with no viewfinder but at least that was sold with a real tiny 40/f2.8 pancake lens, it wasn't sold as a vlogging camera though... I don't know what it was supposed to be, just whacky Pentax.

Yes. But 45mm full frame is still wider than 40mm APS-C.

But I don't think Panasonic has intended to use this camera with Sigma lenses. The camera isn't announced yet and there is a chance we also get a lens with it. Maybe something that isn't on the roadmap.

However, I personally don't care about vlogging or the marketing of the camera. 45mm would be totally fine for me and 17mm would be fast enough for an ulta wide, at least for me. But I think there could be even smaller.

Haha interesting and kind of true, personally I'd hate to be creating content, it's a horrible job. I've grown quite sick of YouTube, I like the older archived professional TV productions on it but that amateur content creator stuff is mostly garbage and I'm especially sick of the camera stuff, probably as I watched too much of it or fed up looking for good stuff trawling through all the stuff the algorithm thinks I want to see.
Oh, yeah, I get it; I never really got into YouTube. One or two producers I like, like Mustard on aerospace and the Danish National Symphony Orchestra for awesome concert videos (see below), but in general, don't follow YouTube and don't trust it as a reliable source of info. (Sorry, Richard.)

(I've got a whole rant about preferring text articles w/pictures to video reviews, and unhappy with how much camera sites have gone that direction... but not now. Sorry again, Richard.)

For me, the missing articulating screen is an equally difficult thing like the missing EVF. Maybe I could accept one of both missing, but the FP has neither. And additionally to that, it's missing a mechanical shutter.

I don't care, what it's marketed for. If it's a compact and cheap S5II, I'm considering it. But the missing EVF would be a hard drawback for me.
No EVF is a dealbreaker for me. No EVF, no sale.

I can live with a clip-on one like the fp's, but built-in is much better.

Articulating screen is... nice, but I use the S5's maybe 10% of the time, if that. I can see where it's important to many people, but I wouldn't miss it.

The even bigger issue would be the lenses. Currently all my lenses have a good size for the S5. But would probably be to big for a much smaller camera. I also can't see much options in the available lens selection in L-Mount. Maybe the smaller I-Series lenses, like the 17/4, 24/3.5 and 45/2.8. But nothing from Panasonic.
Yeah, I've made my views on that clear in the other rumor thread. ^^;;

I still have my K-01. I always kinda liked it; I didn't have a problem with the grip, and didn't mind the looks. I think I've still got a pic floating around of the K-01 with Pentax's first autofocus lens, the 35-70 that needed AA batteries and put all the focusing circuitry in the lens itself.

But the K-01 was one of the cameras that contributed heavily to my 'no EVF, no sale' mindset. I did get one of those folding screen shades for the rear screen, and it did help, but it wasn't nearly good enough in bright light.

What a coincidence, as soon as I opened Travis's post I was listening to Ennio Morricone and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Daumenhoch

Hadn't listened in ages but I'm a fan and been to his concert here... What a genius he was!

Back