L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Rumors New Sigma 1.4/14

RBecker

There are postings on the usual rumour sites about the announcement of a new 1.4/14 within the next time. They already know the spec list and with that rumours about Sigma gear mostly become true…

The old sigma 1.8/14 is a beast (1185g) and the new one should be nearly the same (1170g), but with faster aperture of 1.4. That will be a very special lens again…

Anyone here on this forum who uses the old 14mm except for astrophotography or auroras? I‘m thinking about usage of such a fast lens…

Some rumors are saying, that the years ago announced new Sigma 70-200 for mirrorless was ready but then bought by Sony and is now sold as G-Master Version II. Therefore Sigma had to invent something completely new... I'm also curious what will be shown there.

The 28mm and the 135mm Art are in terms of BQ stellar lenses, the only improvement could be AF and weight. But I'm quite happy with these lenses at the moment, I do no action and will never travel with these lenses...

Some rumors are saying, that the years ago announced new Sigma 70-200 for mirrorless was ready but then bought by Sony and is now sold as G-Master Version II. Therefore Sigma had to invent something completely new... I'm also curious what will be shown there.
What I heard, is also that Sigma had have a 70-200 ready and already in feld testing, but they dismissed the design because it was much heavier than the then upcoming Sony GMii and also the Canon RF. However it's about time for a Sigma 70-200 f2.8.
The 28mm and the 135mm Art are in terms of BQ stellar lenses, the only improvement could be AF and weight. But I'm quite happy with these lenses at the moment, I do no action and will never travel with these lenses...
My hopes are more for low weight I-Series lenses. A 28 f2 and 135 f2.8 or even f3.5 would be enough for me.

a 70-200 sigma is realy missing

if sigma can do tge same as for 24-70, 14-24, incredible image quality at a really contained price...

A new fast 14mm??? Oh, be still my beating heart.

Hopefully it will be as good for astro as the new 20/1.4.

But, I'm not sure what else I would do with it. Probably would be epic for capturing hi-res landscapes.

I find myself shooting a lot at around 14mm, but I'm nearly always at f8, or f11. And I'm more than happy with the IQ out of the 14-28 so I don't really see what a prime would do for me. Maybe for astro or real-estate interiors it would be a good choice, but I think for landscape a UWA zoom is a more appropriate tool.

I would almost never shoot at 14mm unless using the wide end of a zoom on a rare occasion, so this isn't all that interesting to me, especially with its rumored weight and size. That being said, a 14mm f1.4 lens from Sigma would be a lot more interesting on APS-C, albeit pretty close to their 16mm f1.4.

Back