L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Lumix S9 meets Dirk in Tokyo...

Hope your cold goes quickly away Dirk.
Have fun with the family, and I hope you also find enough time for your S9.

But are thy still available there as of today?

I ordered mine now at Amazon Germany, just to be on the safe side
I don't know Dirk, I haven't gone back to the website since I ordered. Although they continue to spam me every few days with offers for other products, surveys, etc. Z02 Banned1

What do they write as delivery time?

I would be surprised if the coloured models are availabel right now in the UK, but not in the country of production. Or is the S9 produced in China? I have to check that on my camera body later on..

They are available now: they say low stock, so they haven't got many, but when I put a red one in the basket I got a delivery time of tomorrow.

They are available now: they say low stock, so they haven't got many, but when I put a red one in the basket I got a delivery time of tomorrow.
Also all the colors are available in the Netherlands, and no low stock either.

It's also available in different kit options (with 20-60, with 28mm and with the 28-200) and the only options wgat are sold out are these with the 20-60 kit lens.

Silver top is also not released in the Netherlands

In Japan, Panasonic sells the S9 in black with either a black top or silver one; but there is a paid-for service where you can send the camera away to get the body colour changed - https://panasonic.jp/dc/products/DC-S9.html (in the S9 press release for Japan, the service was first mentioned).

One of the problem with offering different colour kits, is that it can be hard to judge how much is needed of a particularly colour to meet demand or avoid overproduction of a less popular colour.

Hope the cold is getting better and look forward to hearing more about Japan!

Also all the colors are available in the Netherlands, and no low stock either.
It seems to be generally true for the UK as well: two other large online retailers, UKDigital and Park Cameras, have stock of all the colours:

https://www.ukdigital.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=panasonic+s9
https://www.parkcameras.com/search?searchparam=panasonic+s9

Park Cameras actually show stock levels when you put the camera in the basket: they've got 2 blue, 1 red and 1 green.

I just checked the S9 for the US sites I usually buy from. B&H, Adorama and Amazon all have S9s in stock, and they are all selling the same configurations. Body only with Black. And Blue, Green, Red and Black are sold with 20-60mm. So there seems to be plenty of stock for all colors at the web sellers in the US.

B&H was recently out of stock (in Black) when I returned my first S9 for exchange, and it was 7 to 10 days before they had any. (I kept calling them, and they kept encouraging me that a shipment was coming.)

I hope you enjoy your time in Tokyo - I had a wonderful time when I visited in 2017 and I'd love to go back. I don't think a new camera, commonly available in Europe and with a European guarantee, would be on my shopping list if I went back though. I'd be far more tempted by classic film gear.

I love Tokyo & Japan. It is wonderful here. More photos will come.

Today I was at Lumix Base. Just 5 minutes ago. I compared 2 lenses with my lenses (12-35 mk3 vs. Olympus 12-40 Pro II and Leica 35-100 mkiii vs my Leica 50-200).

The Smallrig handgrip for the S9 was there. Also the leather half case.

The different colours for the S9 will probably only available in Japan if you order them specifically.

But I think the colour becomes less important, if you use the extra handgrip, which is black anyway.

PXL_20240801_035539994.jpg
  • Google - Pixel 8 Pro
  • Pixel 8 Pro front camera 2.74mm f/2.2
  • 2.7 mm
  • ƒ/2.2
  • 1/311 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 240

Back