L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Lumix 20-60 rear lens cap

RuleOfThirds

My rear lens cap from my 20-60 keeps falling of in my bag. Doesn't matter if I switch to the one from my other lenses or even the Sigma one. It is very very loose. So I'm sure it's not a lens cap thing..is this what others are experiencing ? It annoys me like hell. Maybe the mount of my 20-60 is just a tiny bit too small ? It seems attached sturdy enough to my s5ii.

Just checked mine and it stays on tightly.

Mine screws on, similar to how the lens screws on the mount, so I don't see how it could come loose unless some internal part of the plastic cap broke off.

I visit the dealer today and they don’t understand it either. Don’t want to find the lens in the bag all the time without rear cap accumulating dust and particles. I have guarantee so they let Panasonic sort it out at no cost for me. This means I’m out of 20-60 for weeks

They tried the same rear cap on another 20-60 and it was fine. On al my lenses it is fine. Somehow something with the mount of the 20-60 I suspect. Although it attaches firmly and works fine on the body. I didn’t notice it immediately because I used that lens most of the time. Not switching lenses too much on the go.

Just received a phone call from the camera shop... Panasonic repaired the issue for free under warranty and I can collect my lens. The camera shop did not have any details for me, just that it is repaired, not what was repaired. My guess is mount replacement... of course I will check if it is the same serial number.

Just received a phone call from the camera shop... Panasonic repaired the issue for free under warranty and I can collect my lens. The camera shop did not have any details for me, just that it is repaired, not what was repaired. My guess is mount replacement... of course I will check if it is the same serial number.
So you don't need to use the 24-105mm anymore, now you get your 20-60 back Z04 Flucht

So you don't need to use the 24-105mm anymore, now you get your 20-60 back Z04 Flucht
Maybe I can sell the 20-60 and get a 14-28 :)

No... I keep both:
20-60 + 70-300 for example, or 24-105 if I just bring one.

Maybe I can sell the 20-60 and get a 14-28 :)

No... I keep both:
20-60 + 70-300 for example, or 24-105 if I just bring one.
Get the 14-28mm as well! Great lens.

Get the 14-28mm as well! Great lens.
I know that it is a terrific lens. But in my distant past, on my old Nikon sir I had a 17-35, and everything below 20 was not to my taste. Granted there was often a lot of time between taking a picture and getting it developed etc. but I didn't like it too much and was also using it wrong. After going digital the widest I've had before this 20-60 was a XF14, equivalent of about 21mm, and I did like it a lot, but didn't use it after getting a zoom starting at 24mm eqv.

In Berlin for example I had a few moments where I couldn't backup and 20mm was not wide enough, but that was just one location. Lot of the time 24mm was plenty enough. My GAS demon inside says buy buy buy that 14-24, and I know I like it, but it is too dedicated for me. Like that I didn't bring the XF14 to Peru, only using my XF16-80 because of weight and stuff, and actually didn't miss it at all.

A used 16-35 Pro sounds more interesting to me, and a real replacement for the 20-60, but that one has (maybe overstated ?) locas issues and, yeah, the price. And I did see if I remember correctly pictures from @Jonathan-Mac that were nice but not plenty sharp or me wanting to run to the shop.... I really need to go out more, and shooting and shooting and then find out what, or if, I miss something. For now I have such a nice set of lenses.

My actual GAS is the 50/1.8, and ditching the nice and tiny 45/2.8 :cool:

Also liked the video from @Richard Wong of the 14-28 and comparing it to the 16-35, where I liked the field of view better of the 16-35. But yeah. But the 14-28 really impressed me so far... nice pictures here too. But I can resist Daumenhoch

I bet they took a quick look and decided nothing needed doing!

The shop tried it and works now. So something is different. At the shop before sending in we tried several rear caps on several lenses, and all were fine, except on my 20-60. Loose no matter which cap.

And all the caps worked on all other tried lenses. So very strange. Didn’t want it that way because it will accumulate dust and stuff which might harm the lens or get it on the sensor.

I have no idea. Lens mounted well on the camera. And was functioning well. The rearcap does not go over the small seal I thought?

I bet they took a quick look and decided nothing needed doing!
What dit we bet for again ? My lens has now a shiny new lens-mount. The shop explained they had to wait for parts, that is why it took this long.

Back