L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Just to say hi

Welcome!

Welcome Adam! :)
I'm new here too and Paul also told me about this forum.

Thanks for the nice welcome folks.

One thing that needs attention is switching off the emails this forum is going to generate....not a fan of emails from forums myself.

Time to dig into the settings.

Thanks for the nice welcome folks.

One thing that needs attention is switching off the emails this forum is going to generate....not a fan of emails from forums myself.

Time to dig into the settings.
I don’t get any emails so I must have turned it off at some point. Can’t remember doing it though!

I appear to have switched everything off but still getting emails. I'll just block and unsubscribe via Gmail worst case.

I appear to have switched everything off but still getting emails. I'll just block and unsubscribe via Gmail worst case.

What kind of emails do you get?

What is in the title and what is written at the buttom of that email?

When you registered here in the forum, you got a welcome email with a link to the FAQ and at the same time also a PM with the same links to have them at hand if you need it later on (people normally delete emails but not PMs).

There is a first help to turn off emails. Pay attention what you turn off, otherwise you will not be informed if something important is sent out via a Newsletter.

Last edited:

These are my preferences and all I ever receive are the news and announcement emails, which are infrequent:

LMF.png

With the above settings, I do not get emails about responses to my posts.

And you can leave all of the 'alerts' on as these are not emails but rather in-app alerts.

I'll have a good look later, currently I've turned everything off.

I am on so many forums that I'd never get a moments peace if I didn't switch things off

I'll have a good look later, currently I've turned everything off.

I am on so many forums that I'd never get a moments peace if I didn't switch things off

Adam - go to the preferences panel and you can change your mail preferences.

You can get there by clicking on your user ID at the top right of the page and selecting "Preferences":

User.jpg

Then you'll find the mail prefs:

mails.jpg

Back