L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Hey! *waves*

Hi Mister Sloane,

Welcome to LMF33

In case you are interested in, we have also a MFT community sister forum:

Welcome, Mr Sloane!

Thanks all for the warm welcomes!

Dirk - yes, I would, thanks for the heads-up!

Travis - the main shooting I do is street and urban, but generally like doing any photography. Most of the photo books I own tend to reflect that.

Sounds cool! Looking forward to seeing your shots.

Something I did once on another site, that I'm thinking about resurrecting here - A Walk Down Main Street. Kansas City's Main Street has a streetcar line that runs through downtown from the River Market to Union Station; I've ridden it through, getting off every couple of stops to walk a few blocks and shoot interesting bits. Was hoping to get more people doing something similar on the other site, but it never really took off. Think that sounds interesting?

Sounds cool! Looking forward to seeing your shots.

Something I did once on another site, that I'm thinking about resurrecting here - A Walk Down Main Street. Kansas City's Main Street has a streetcar line that runs through downtown from the River Market to Union Station; I've ridden it through, getting off every couple of stops to walk a few blocks and shoot interesting bits. Was hoping to get more people doing something similar on the other site, but it never really took off. Think that sounds interesting?
It’s a long way to Kansas for me, but it sounds fun ! :)

Welcome to LMF33 Which Lumix gear do you use?

Kansas City is actually in Missouri :cool: Just on the border with Kansas. Was checking if I ever have been “nearby” but no. I am wondering now why the city is actually in Missouri and not in Kansas.

It’s a long way to Kansas for me, but it sounds fun ! :)
Well, I was thinking in terms of "walk down a major street in your home town and show us the sights." ^^;; But if you want to come to Kansas City, I'd be happy to give you the BBQ tour!

Kansas City is actually in Missouri :cool: Just on the border with Kansas. Was checking if I ever have been “nearby” but no. I am wondering now why the city is actually in Missouri and not in Kansas.

https://kchistory.org/faq/why-there-kansas-city-both-kansas-and-missouri :)

Basically, the Kansas City metro area grew up where the Missouri River, coming from the north, meets the Kansas River, coming in from the west. The original settlement was founded on what became the Missouri side of the state line; but as it was a trading settlement, it was named after the river going west.

Back