L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Hello from Shropshire, UK

Good evening everyone!

I dipped my toe in the L mount water about a year ago, when I got a Lumix S5 and 20-60mm kit. Since then I've added the S 18mm, 70-200 f4 + 1.4X TC and TT Artisan 100mm f2.8. I've also 'borrowed' some of my dads old Minolta MD lenses (the 50mm f1.7 is awesome!)

Prior to getting the S5 I used Lumix M43 kit (starting with the GF1 in around 2010) and still shoot M43 for wildlife.

Looking forward to joining in the conversations!

Hi Julian,

Welcome to LMF33

If you use MFT at the same time, our MicroFourThirds sister forum might be of interest for you. Same software und usability. Feel free to join there too:

Welcome Julian!

Would be interested to get your views on the 70-200 f4, esp with the TC fitted.

Thanks everyone. Daumenhoch

Paul, the S Pro 70-200 f4 is a very impressive lens. Very sharp from wide open. I use it mainly for landscape/nature work at between f8 and f11 and it excels, If you have no need of f2.8 then I'd highly recommend it, I only picked up the TC recently (an 'unused' used eBay bargain) and haven't had chance to give it a thorough workout yet, but initial impressions are that it's very good indeed with minimal degradation to image quality.

Thanks everyone. Daumenhoch

Paul, the S Pro 70-200 f4 is a very impressive lens. Very sharp from wide open. I use it mainly for landscape/nature work at between f8 and f11 and it excels, If you have no need of f2.8 then I'd highly recommend it, I only picked up the TC recently (an 'unused' used eBay bargain) and haven't had chance to give it a thorough workout yet, but initial impressions are that it's very good indeed with minimal degradation to image quality.
I’ve just received one on the LUMIX Loan programme. Will give it a proper test this weekend, but first few test shots show a lot of softening on the right, so I think it’s a duffer.

Last edited:
Back