L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Hello from Munich, Germany

CH_CH

Hi,
Another DPReview refugee ;-)

I started with a cheap Nikon APSC to test if I even liked photography, then when it fell and broke I upgraded to mirrorless MFT. Back in 2015.
Then one day, as I was doing landscapes, I realized that my G9 Hi-res picture was so much better than the normal one, but I hate tripods, so I bought into Sony FF (I do lots of video).
But I never warmed up to the many flaws of the A7r3 (IQ being definitely NOT a flaw, great pictures!), so finally I sold and went to S5M2 recently- I keep FF for short focal lengths, MFT for telephoto (and DJI mini 3 pro for droning).
I am well covered gear-wise (the 20-60 has surprised me, such a great lens), but I hope I can upgrade my ageing G9 to the mark2 being a mini GH6 with DP AF (hopes up). Currently I use the EM5.3 for MFT video, but the codecs are 8 bit and a bit meh, the IQ does not mix well with the G9 (which mixes perfectly with the S5).
On the L-mount side of things, I await the rumored 28-200 as an always-on option for hiking, and look with interest the primes (24-ish) and light telephotos.
As a leckerli, a picture for you:

Attachments

• _ANA2448_v1.JPG
    EXIF
    _ANA2448_v1.JPG
    366.7 KB · Views: 4
Wilkommen! I’m really hoping the 24/28-200 is a winner. It’ll be the perfect landscape lens. But it needs to deliver optically. It needs to be better than the Nikon 24-200.

Back