L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

DPReview Refugee

Threlly

Hi All,
So sad that DPReview will be no more, but greatly consoled that this forum exists.
I'm 56 now and have never been without a camera since I was eight years old (a 126 Instamatic hand-me-down).
Mostly street, city, travel & landscape, shown some work in galleries and picked up the odd paid gig from time to time.
For my own pleasure I've had a big focus on Japan in the last 10 years but Canada & South America are calling.

I've used most camera brands in the last 48 years but this year moved to Panasonic for the first time with the S5II.
Stoked to hear what everybody is exited for!

Cheers,
Gary.

Welcome Gary. Sounds like you've got some experience under your belt! I'm sure you'll love the S5ii. I have the S5 and it's really a very good camera. The upgraded model with its PDAF, better viewfinder, and a bunch of other enhancements has got a lot of photography journalists salivating, so I'm sure it's a fantastic piece of kit.

Welcome Gary. Sounds like you've got some experience under your belt! I'm sure you'll love the S5ii. I have the S5 and it's really a very good camera. The upgraded model with its PDAF, better viewfinder, and a bunch of other enhancements has got a lot of photography journalists salivating, so I'm sure it's a fantastic piece of kit.
Thanks Paul, I'm off to Japan for 18 days in late May, another solo photo holiday ! I'll share some shots on the forum as I go.

Best,
Gary

Back