L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

DPR/UK new member here.

Kentel

Over 20 years with DPR was hoping to be here for all my days. Just recently added L-Mount to my MFT & Bridge Selection, so have a lot to learn, in maybe a short while. At 93 my photo adventures are a mite limited, mainly macro in an unkempt garden, though some indoors using a WeMacro set up. When finding suitable subjects. My ID on DPR was Ken Yull but recently changed to Kentel. So to anyone who may remember me and to all those who don't I say HI and hope we can help keep this fresh location alive and thriving. Finally thanks to our new "Leader" for giving his time. effort, and no doubt much more into l-mount and DRR Forum. Thanks Dirk.

Thanks for the welcome Paul. I came here as I had noticed you had joined, and it looked inviting. And after getting the S5 with 3 lenses for a bargain price, and being almost over whelmed with the improvement over MFT, plus getting the Sigma 105mm Macro Lens, well WOW! Late in life but I intend to enjoy whatever time available. Getting it all set up for use on a gimbal, but need a good remote control, all the ones I have are not compatible with the S5.
I suppose I should start a fresh post to ask for recommendations, plus any other queries that may come to mind. I have too much gear from the past, been taking photos since serving on the Berlin Airlift and making many friends with the good people of Germany.

Thanks for the welcome Paul. I came here as I had noticed you had joined, and it looked inviting. And after getting the S5 with 3 lenses for a bargain price, and being almost over whelmed with the improvement over MFT, plus getting the Sigma 105mm Macro Lens, well WOW!
Yes, I agree that the IQ lift of m43 is quite significant. In good light at base ISO and with not especially difficult lighting the differences diminish a lot, but in general, FF offers a lot of benefits over m43.
Late in life but I intend to enjoy whatever time available.
93 is a significant achievement and I applaud your determination to continue exploring what life has to offer.
Getting it all set up for use on a gimbal, but need a good remote control, all the ones I have are not compatible with the S5.
The Panasonic “Lumix Sync” app on smartphone works pretty well for remote control. It’s better than many other manufacturers’ attempts (Nikon is probably the worst!).
I suppose I should start a fresh post to ask for recommendations, plus any other queries that may come to mind. I have too much gear from the past, been taking photos since serving on the Berlin Airlift and making many friends with the good people of Germany.
That’s quite a bit of history you were involved in. I’m sure photos of the airlift now have significant historical interest. I love Germany too. I have many friends there and always like visiting. I weep when I see what Brexit has done to us.

Back