L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

A trip to Glencoe

pdk42

Glencoe in the West of Scotland is a place that's brimming with photographic opportunities. Any fool can look like an expert! I'll post a few as a I go...

Glencoe by Paul Kaye, on Flickr

Great photo Paul!

Glencoe in the West of Scotland is a place that's brimming with photographic opportunities. Any fool can look like an expert!
Well, that's me put in my place: I've been there 3 times and never come back with a decent photo.

First time the clouds were so low they were obscuring the mountains, second time it was raining so hard the car's windscreen wipers couldn't keep up, third time it was very foggy. Stupid Scottish weather... :mad:

Well, that's me put in my place: I've been there 3 times and never come back with a decent photo.

First time the clouds were so low they were obscuring the mountains, second time it was raining so hard the car's windscreen wipers couldn't keep up, third time it was very foggy. Stupid Scottish weather... :mad:
Ah yes. I’d forgotten that sometimes the weather here can be a challenge. Guess I got lucky.

Well, there’s some truth in that. Getting to some of these places means walking across very boggy ground!

It was worth it!

I loved Glenncoe, such a nice place to visit. But my best pics from there were from a drone. I did not have enough time (and skill?) to find the best eye level composition. The thread pics are gorgeous!

Z04 Hinterherjagen

No, I will resist. I am strong. I do not want to buy this heavy, oversized 24-105/F4...
No, I will resist. I am strong. I do not want to buy this heavy, oversized 24-105/F4...

Z02 Zek

Z04 Hinterherjagen

No, I will resist. I am strong. I do not want o buy this heavy, oversized 24-105/F4...
No, I will resist. I am strong. I do not want o buy this heavy, oversized 24-105/F4...

Z02 Zek
Ha, ha. I could live with just the 24-105 and the 14-28. Anyone want to buy a 70-300? I went to Scotland and took over 400 photos, but just 11 with the 70-300. And of the 11, only two are keepers - taken at 70mm !

All really good. The next to the last, at 17mm with 14-28mm is outstanding.

Back