L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

A SW Washington lurker

cascadian

Hello all! I live in the hills near Longview Washington, between Portland and Olympia.

My photo history began with a Brownie 120 box and a Sears 126 camera (with an Electric Eye!!). By the mid-70s I had a Praktica slr, then shifted to Pentax 1980-2000. The digital age began with compacts and went big in 2009, mostly Pentax and μ43 .. including a GX7 that just received a new rear dial

I currently live on a retiree's salary with an a7r2 - the best sensor I could afford, but not my sort of ergonomics. I've been watching Lumix S as the G series has me comfortable with Lumix gear, and I have yet to see an S image that didn't impress me in some way. I feel 24Mpx is sufficient so an S1 or S5 may be in my future. I don't see any Minolta AF to L adapters, but my Pentax primes and a 20-60 would be a good beginning. Sony's 20-70 sounds nice but it's way beyond my budget, but my alpha gear would likely swap out for a used S5.. or perhaps it's time to post at Fred Miranda. GAS is definitely flammable, I've burned away many a decent kit in no time! Z04 Headbanger

We'll see where my journey takes me!

Hi Cascadian,

Welcome to LMF33

You enter dangerous territory here. Many mines in form of inages which whisper to you "look at my image, buy me, I am your next dream lens" and suddenly you have more L-Mount lenses than you expected to have..... but you will be happy Z04 Breakdance.gif

See it positive. Drugs out of metal and glas can make you happy without beeing risky for your health.

don't see any Minolta AF to L adapters

There must be some adapters out there... Is it for Minolta AF lenses or manual focus MD lenses for X700 etc?

Look at adapters of KF. They have adapters for almost everything. I only have the link to the German site.

This is an adapter for Minolta AF to L-Mount body:

Adapter for Minolta MD lenses to LMount body:

Here is the overview for all adapters to LMount bodies:

Here the links to the English site of KF. MD:

Minolta AF:

Welcome cascadian, happy that you're here.

Welcome to LMF33

Hello all! I live in the hills near Longview Washington, between Portland and Olympia.
Welcome! This is a great forum and it's great to have a new member.

My photo history began with a Brownie 120 box and a Sears 126 camera (with an Electric Eye!!). By the mid-70s I had a Praktica slr, then shifted to Pentax 1980-2000. The digital age began with compacts and went big in 2009, mostly Pentax and μ43 .. including a GX7 that just received a new rear dial
Hey, my first SLR was a Praktica. Fully manual. Those were the days! I went from that to a Nikon F90x but when digital started, I went back to compact point & shoots before moving up to m4/3 and then L-mount.

I currently live on a retiree's salary with an a7r2 - the best sensor I could afford, but not my sort of ergonomics. I've been watching Lumix S as the G series has me comfortable with Lumix gear, and I have yet to see an S image that didn't impress me in some way. I feel 24Mpx is sufficient so an S1 or S5 may be in my future.
There should be some good S5 prices around these days given the S5M2 has been out for some time. Hopefully you will find one soon.

You enter dangerous territory here. Many mines in form of inages which whisper to you "look at my image, buy me, I am your next dream lens" and suddenly you have more L-Mount lenses than you expected to have..... but you will be happy Z04 Breakdance.gif
Yes, tell me about it! I now have more L-mount lenses than I was expecting to own. Z04 Head Wall

Yes, tell me about it! I now have more L-mount lenses than I was expecting to own.
I completely agree.. This forum should be banned, made illegal.... But I love it though

Hi Cascadian,

Welcome to LMF33

Eh, doesn’t have to happen… I’ve been happy with the 20-60, the Sigma 45, and my collection of adapted lenses. ;)
Look at adapters of KF. They have adapters for almost everything. I only have the link to the German site.
Agreed, K&F is my favorite adapter brand… they’re a step up in quality from the cheap Fotasy/Fotga/etc without being really expensive. I usually buy through eBay; search along the lines of “minolta af adapter to leica L kf concept”

I have an adapter or two from them, and a tripod. I'm no connoisseur, but their stuff is plenty good!

Welcome, Cascadian! Glad to have you here! I will say, L-Mount stuff (especially Lumix) has been pretty inexpensive and that was a huge push for why I moved over to the system. I would think a used S1R or S5 would be a great value if you are wanting a cheaper body with great image quality.

Thanks folks, your welcome is appreciated!

The one issue with current L lenses, like most 36*24, is affordable telephoto. Nothing below $600 then 28-200, 70-200/4 and 70-300. I'd love to pair a 50-200 with that 20-60! I can adapt my Maxxum A-mount or Pentax, but w/no electronics :confused: - and I have no EF lenses to use with better adapters. Surely I'm not alone in this..

Adapted Pentax lenses suck, I had 20+ Pentax lenses. Bought S5ii, 24-105 f4 and 70-300 f4.5-f5.6 which is even better than my Pentax F*300 f4.5 prime.

You want the AF, OIS and optics of Lumix lenses or some other native L-mount but adapted Pentax don't bother, sell all of that while you can and buy Lumix.

Back