L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

WEX (UK) Black Friday deals on the S5ii and S5iiX

Panasonic cashback is not straitforward. You have submit a certain number of days after purchase but before the end of the promotion. They don't tell you which bar code to scan from the box. The don't tell you where to find the magic product code. After submission, they do... nothing. I eventually got my cashback after complaining to the company (it's not Panasonic). It was in the form of a virtual credit card. Most retailers refused to take this in part payment so spending it was a struggle. In the end, Castle Cameras came to the rescue after I explained the problem to them.

Panasonic cashback is not straitforward. You have submit a certain number of days after purchase but before the end of the promotion. They don't tell you which bar code to scan from the box. The don't tell you where to find the magic product code. After submission, they do... nothing. I eventually got my cashback after complaining to the company (it's not Panasonic). It was in the form of a virtual credit card. Most retailers refused to take this in part payment so spending it was a struggle. In the end, Castle Cameras came to the rescue after I explained the problem to them.
Yes, claiming the Panasonic "cashback" was a bit of a dance...and yes, there seem to be few places capable of processing a transaction using the virtual credit card. But after a few failed attempts, I found that buying Amazon gift cards worked (this is from amazon.co.uk) provided I only bought them in £100 increments. (Buying more than that seemed to set off an immune reaction in Amazon - money laundering checks? - that ended up with the virtual card refusing the transaction, and blocking the card for three days)...

Yes, I went through a variation of that back in 2021 when I bought my S5: I had to wait a month past the end date of the promotion period before I could submit the claim (I think they hope you're going to forget), had to call the company and ask which code to use, had the company reject the claim because I hadn't used the proper form that, according to them, I should have been given at the time of purchase, so I asked WEX and was told they didn't have any paper forms, just a PDF which I then had to print (in colour), fill in and photograph, waited months for a response, had to chase it, and ultimately got a withdrawal only credit card. Fortunately I wanted to buy a new lens and WEX were happy to take the full value off the card and the rest off my normal card.

I was forgetting just how bad the whole process was; fortunately some of the current discounts are via promotion codes that you enter at the time of purchase.

Yes, I had problems here in Spain when I bought my S5. Initially the page to claim didn't work in most browsers, then I was told that I could not claim the cashback because I had submitted everything too early, then when I submitted it again later they repeatedly told me that things were missing when they weren't. Eventually I got the payment but at least it was a payment into my current account, not some voucher or restricted-use card.

It certainly soured the experience of buying my first Panasonic and FF camera.

Park Cameras (UK) are showing what seems to me an amazing deal on the Pan S1R and 24-105 F4 - £1499. They are waiting stock so not immediately available but I couldn't and didn't resist so will see if one ever arrives;).

Park Cameras (UK) are showing what seems to me an amazing deal on the Pan S1R and 24-105 F4 - £1499. They are waiting stock so not immediately available but I couldn't and didn't resist so will see if one ever arrives;).

Considering the lens alone currently retails for £1099, although it currently has £200 cashback, that's incredible: you're getting a 47MP body for £600! o_O

I wonder if this represents selling off the last of the stock of the S1R before a new high resolution, photo oriented S series camera is announced?

Considering the lens alone currently retails for £1099, although it currently has £200 cashback, that's incredible: you're getting a 47MP body for £600! o_O

I wonder if this represents selling off the last of the stock of the S1R before a new high resolution, photo oriented S series camera is announced?
Pretty sure that is exactly what the offer is about - still surprised by it though and haven't seen it offered anywhere other than Park so will believe it when the package arrives.

Yes, I had problems here in Spain when I bought my S5. Initially the page to claim didn't work in most browsers, then I was told that I could not claim the cashback because I had submitted everything too early, then when I submitted it again later they repeatedly told me that things were missing when they weren't. Eventually I got the payment but at least it was a payment into my current account, not some voucher or restricted-use card.

It certainly soured the experience of buying my first Panasonic and FF camera.
Here in the NL we have Winter promotion and I have 400 cashback on my new s5ii, processed in 2 weeks and already got a payout notice. I choose to be payed out directly to my IBAN bank account. Still need to register my 35/1.8 and 70-300 for antoher 150 cashback in total.

Pretty sure that is exactly what the offer is about - still surprised by it though and haven't seen it offered anywhere other than Park so will believe it when the package arrives.

Well, that didn't last long. After thinking it over I was sufficiently tempted to check again early this morning and it's gone; Park have no listing for a new S1R at all now.

Well, that didn't last long. After thinking it over I was sufficiently tempted to check again early this morning and it's gone; Park have no listing for a new S1R at all now.
Park confirmed my order yesterday, payment on hold until they can despatch so I guess whether I get mine or not will depend on whether they can get stock. I couldn't see this offer from any other camera dealer, in fact most don't have the S1R listed at any price. I'm a little sceptical but I have dealt with Park cameras a few times and always had good service.

Just so you know you haven't missed anything.... Park contacted me this morning to say they wouldn't be able to fulfil the order.. as the saying goes, "if it looks too good to be true, it often is." :)

Just so you know you haven't missed anything.... Park contacted me this morning to say they wouldn't be able to fulfil the order.. as the saying goes, "if it looks too good to be true, it often is." :)
That's a shame: you'd have got a remarkable bargain if they'd delivered. The best I've seen elsewhere is the body only for £2499.00 at Castle Cameras.

You can usually pick up a good used S1R for about £1200-1400.
Yes, I traded mine in for the S52 and had kept a spare battery and the XQD card, so when the Park camera's offer came up in my e-mails it was too hard to ignore, had it arrived I would have been delighted but I really don't need one :) .

According to Asobinet the S1R has been discontinued: https://asobinet.com/info-discon-lumix-dc-s1rm/

Via Apple Safari translation:
Panasonic LUMIX DC-S1R has been completed and discontinued
November 30, 2023
Panasonic's full-size mirrorless "LUMIX DC-S1R" is listed as a completed product at a camera specialty store. Some stores are continuing to sell so far, but it is unclear whether this is a sign of the successor model.

Hoping for a smaller S1Rii or an S5R... ;)

Back