L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Voice commands

Oíche

Top Poster Of Month
Mainly for rear screen compositors , S9

One massive advantage of phones, no EVF, is a big 6.7" screen and saying "cheese" to activate the shutter.

You can get the composition and hold it and not shake it pressing the screen saying cheese or something you want. It's brilliant, now imagine controlling anything you want without pressing buttons...

This is Xiaomi BTW

I always remember the 1982 Firefox film where Clint Eastwood steals the Soviet plane and thinks in Russian to fire the missiles.

But seriously voice commands are brilliant, Lumix has microphones so only a matter of software Z04 Carrot or is it? Our gear already out of date?

One massive advantage of phones, no EVF, is a big 6.7" screen and saying "cheese" to activate the shutter.

You can get the composition and hold it and not shake it pressing the screen saying cheese or something you want. It's brilliant, now imagine controlling anything you want without pressing buttons...

This is Xiaomi BTW

I always remember the 1982 Firefox film where Clint Eastwood steals the Soviet plane and thinks in Russian to fire the missiles.
But seriously voice commands are brilliant, Lumix has microphones so only a matter of software Z04 Carrot or is it? Our gear already out of date?
I guess it could work, although given the odd glitch I see with Siri and Google where they sometimes think I have asked them something but they've just mis-heard what they understand is a key word, might be annoying! I also think the potential delay in responding might mean the train has passed before the shutter is actuated! Z04 Computer Haukaputt

This is Xiaomi BTW

The DJI action cams have already voice commands:

I guess it could work, although given the odd glitch I see with Siri and Google where they sometimes think I have asked them something but they've just mis-heard what they understand is a key word, might be annoying! I also think the potential delay in responding might mean the train has passed before the shutter is actuated! Z04 Computer Haukaputt
Yip, but for mountains :p

My mum loves it but now she has a Pixel 8 Pro I'm trying to find a way. I'm trying very hard to make a photographer out of her. My previous guides seemingly out the window, we seem to be genetically different that way?

"Hey Lumix, change to AFS".
"Hey Lumix, help me compose a prize winning lanscape picture".
"Hey Lumix, take the photo". Z04 Auslachen
You can just say "cheese" for the last one. First one is good use case also with many others. 2nd one I think you can get do similar with Google Pixel and other modern phones, I read that Pixel is best for it. At least they are supplying pretty good phototography tools with it and support/updates for 7 years, no LR or other subscriptions are needed by most buyers of these.

If you can shout Cheese loud enough you don't need remote triggers but a van with men in white coats might come and take you away.

I really like it on the phone as already explained. Weirdly cheese isn't available on Google Pixel 8 Pro but my Xiaomi has it.

Me: "Hey Lumix, set the mode to aperture priority"
Camera: "AFC mode set"
Me: "No, I said aperture priority"
Camera: "Aperture set to f16"
Me" "No, set the mode to A"
Camera: "Are you trying to take a photo?"
Me: "Just set aperture priority mode please"
Camera: "Hey, it looks like you're taking a photo"
Me: "Sod off, you stupid piece of junk"
Camera: "Battery level critical, shutting down"

Actually, that could happen if you select the "IA" (Inteligencia Artificial) mode... :D

(Spanish speaker's Joke)

You a Glaswegian? :p

Indeed. Ushering in a whole new level of frustration.

I’ve not used voice commands very much until I got a Tesla. This is a car with few knobs and switches, and you do most things with the big touch screen. Which isn’t very practical or safe while driving. But voice commands make it all work okay, and you find yourself talking to the car. It all works well, at least with my American accent.

Back