L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 Auto Telephoto Close Focusing

robin0112358

I linked to this article in the vintage thread, but thought I should make a top-level post to catch more attention. Because this Vivitar lens is quite exceptional. Over many years I've used this Vivitar 135mm on Pentax APS-C, Micro Four Thirds, and now Lumix S cameras. Check out the blog article, which contains links back to several other reports. Here are some additional images.

The fairground was shot near infinity. This demonstrates the resolving power at f/8.

fairground [P18821] Vivitar Close Focusing 135 (Large).jpg

From memory, these leaves were shot at 1:4 magnification. The bokeh this lens produces is beyond reproach.

leaves [P18752] Vivitar Close Focusing 135 (Large).jpg

Both images have obviously been processed form the Lumix S5 Raw file. Any noise present I added in post, since I prefer some texture.

The lens with this camera are an amazing combination, though rather heavy for my liking.

Nice image quality of this lens.
I decided to go for an Olympus OM 135mm f2.8 for my S5ii and the image quality is very good as well. The only downside I see is the nearest focus distance of 1,5m which I find is a bit long. But other than that it's a very good lens.

Back