L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Viltrox 14mm f4

How to link to an album from Google Photo (Is the video visible?)
 
I don't think I have owned a non-fisheye lens this wide before. I was very impressed with just how much it captures. For the basketball hoop, I was standing right in front of it, but was able to capture everything I wanted. As a tourist, I often end up wanting to capture a large object (building, sculpture, etc.) or vast expanse while standing very close to it, and this does the trick. I can't wait to take this with me when I travel. It was slightly overcast (we are expecting thunderstorms for the next few days) but I was happy with the photos.
 
I don't think I have owned a non-fisheye lens this wide before. I was very impressed with just how much it captures. For the basketball hoop, I was standing right in front of it, but was able to capture everything I wanted. As a tourist, I often end up wanting to capture a large object (building, sculpture, etc.) or vast expanse while standing very close to it, and this does the trick. I can't wait to take this with me when I travel. It was slightly overcast (we are expecting thunderstorms for the next few days) but I was happy with the photos.
Doesn’t look bad at all!

And yes, I very much get you about how much it captures. One of the reasons I’ve always preferred shooting wide.
 
I noticed that there seems to be a dust particle in the top right. I'll clean the lens surfaces, take it out again, and take some more photos.
Really appriciate your effort! I'm thinking about getting those for myself as well. You've shot at F10, 25600. Try to set auto iso or fixed (much lower) iso. the particle is on your sensor, not on the lens.
 
Really appriciate your effort! I'm thinking about getting those for myself as well. You've shot at F10, 25600. Try to set auto iso or fixed (much lower) iso. the particle is on your sensor, not on the lens.
Thanks! I usually shoot indoor concerts and must have had the iso set high and forgot to put it back to auto. I'll do that next time. I'll check my sensor.

Each lens comes with a protective pouch. It is not overly thick but hey, its included. Each lens also has a nice hood that is reversible. If these lenses were labeled "Lumix" or "Sigma", I'd beleive it.
 
Thanks! I usually shoot indoor concerts and must have had the iso set high and forgot to put it back to auto. I'll do that next time. I'll check my sensor.

Each lens comes with a protective pouch. It is not overly thick but hey, its included. Each lens also has a nice hood that is reversible. If these lenses were labeled "Lumix" or "Sigma", I'd beleive it.
I normally shoot in "A" mode, and auto iso (with a maximum). Because I always use Auto WB, I reassigned that button to set minimum shutter speed. So, if I shoot people, I put it at 1/250 or 1/160 and that way the iso will go up earlier then when I set it from like 1/15s for static subjects in a museum. It will go lower then minimum shutter speed or higher iso, but with a red warning, if I'm not mistaken.
 
Back
Top