L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

TTArtisan 100mm 2x macro tilt shift

Richard Wong

TTArtisan has just announced a new 100mm 2x macro lens which is also a tilt-shift lens.
It is a pretty nice multi-purpose lens for just around $400 USD.
At the moment not available for L-mount yet, but L-mount version should be coming quite soon!
This is my review (using a Nikon Z mount version)

What I’d like is a wide T+S lens (something in the 16-24 range). For architecture, 100mm isn’t really much use.
Many years ago I had both the Canon 24 and 50 TS-E lenses. The 50 was very good for precise panorama stitching with shifting. I had the same feeling as you about the 100, I'm not sure what I would do with it. Tilt might give a useful effect for some video, with just a narrow band in focus, I'm interested to see what Richard finds.

I agree. Tilt-shift at 100mm is an odd idea without much application. Or are people still into that whole "make the city look like a toy" trick?

What I’d like is a wide T+S lens (something in the 16-24 range). For architecture, 100mm isn’t really much use.

yes I would like a wider one. 24mm would be nice!

Many years ago I had both the Canon 24 and 50 TS-E lenses. The 50 was very good for precise panorama stitching with shifting. I had the same feeling as you about the 100, I'm not sure what I would do with it. Tilt might give a useful effect for some video, with just a narrow band in focus, I'm interested to see what Richard finds.

I had a 45mm Nikon PCE (tilt shift) lens and I love that and found the focal length really good for many types of photography.

I agree. Tilt-shift at 100mm is an odd idea without much application. Or are people still into that whole "make the city look like a toy" trick?

As mentioned in my review, I would definitely prefer if it's a wider focal length. 30-50mm is my ideal focal length for a Tilt-shift lens.

But Nikon has a 85mm tilt-shift, Canon has a 90mm and also a 135mm tilt-shift, AstrHori and Lensbaby also have tilt lens that is around 85mm focal length ..etc so there is probably a market for longer focal length tilt-shift lenses
It could be useful for product photography but remember it is a 2x macro lens as well. So the tilt and shift feature could be useful for macro photos. And you could also use it for portrait, which the tilt feature can create some unique effects for the portrait shots.

yes I would like a wider one. 24mm would be nice!

I had a 45mm Nikon PCE (tilt shift) lens and I love that and found the focal length really good for many types of photography.

As mentioned in my review, I would definitely prefer if it's a wider focal length. 30-50mm is my ideal focal length for a Tilt-shift lens.

But Nikon has a 85mm tilt-shift, Canon has a 90mm and also a 135mm tilt-shift, AstrHori and Lensbaby also have tilt lens that is around 85mm focal length ..etc so there is probably a market for longer focal length tilt-shift lenses
It could be useful for product photography but remember it is a 2x macro lens as well. So the tilt and shift feature could be useful for macro photos. And you could also use it for portrait, which the tilt feature can create some unique effects for the portrait shots.
That’s a good point about T&S being useful for macro. Not being a macro sort of guy, that didn’t immediately occur to me.

Back