L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Sirui just released Saturn 35mm anamorphic lens!

AZ1

Good news, Sirui just released the 35mm Saturn version Anamorphic lens for L-Mount. Before, we only were offered the larger Venus version. Has anyone tried this lens and can share their thoughts on it. Also any thoughts on the optical differences between the Saturn and Venus version would be helpful?

This looks attractive. I would like to hear some user experience as well; Saturn is smaller and lighter (good). Probably the same optics. I use their 24mm 1.33X for M43. The lens is okay but I don't find 1.33X is enough to get much anamorphic effect. This lens with 1.6X would be better. I have been slowly looking/waiting for a FF 35mm, but I'd like 1.8X.

Good news, Sirui just released the 35mm Saturn version Anamorphic lens for L-Mount. Before, we only were offered the larger Venus version. Has anyone tried this lens and can share their thoughts on it. Also any thoughts on the optical differences between the Saturn and Venus version would be helpful?

That's great news! When they first announced it I saw they had made it for the DJI DL mount and seeing as DJI is listed as an L Mount partner I was trying to find if they are cross compatible. My research leads me to believe no, although I never found much concrete info on DJI's mount. Now this should both answer my question and make it unnecessary lol :)

This is certainly another good reason for Panasonic to roll out 1.6x anamorphic support to their cameras! We're still waiting!
If I had a project for this lens I don't think that would stop me. Most cameras don't have viewfinder support for anamorphic, and they get along okay. I'd set it for 1.5x and it would be close to the right look in the viewfinder, and you set the actual squeeze factor in the editor anyway. I say that but any anamorphic I do is with M43 so I'm not apt to get the lens. Are you planning to get it? I'd like to see how it performs.

Back