Today I took a walk with the Sigma TC-2011 2x Teleconverter attached to my Sigma 100-400mm f5-6.3 DG DN and Lumix S5. The teleconverter turns this lens into a 200-800mm f10-13. The sun was mostly out with minimal cloud in the sky so I had ideal conditions for the slow aperture. After a few hours of using it completely hand held here are my take aways:
- The dual stabilisation is excellent even at 800mm.
- It is an incredibly light 800mm FF setup
- Loss of image quality seems minimal so long as your close enough to the subject
- The TC does shift the focus and zoom rings a bit further away from the body
- ISO 8000 on the S5 might even perform better than 3200