L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

S9 accessories and add-ons

My Benro travel tripod:
Thanks, this looks really good. The SmallRig handgrip has the Arca Swiss is rotated 90 degrees from how an Arca Swiss plate usually mounts. My SmallRig cage for the S5IIx also has Arca Swiss this way. Can the Benro head rotate so when the camera points forward the tilt/pan handle is in the normal video shooting location?

I see Amazon also has just the head by itself so I can try it on one of my other tripods.

Thanks, this looks really good. The SmallRig Arca Swiss is rotated 90 degrees from how an Arca Swiss plate usually mounts. My SmallRig cage for the S5IIx also has Arca Swiss this way. Can the Benro head rotate so when the camera points forward the tilt/pan handle is in the normal video shooting location?

I see Amazon also has just the head by itself so I can try it on one of my other tripods.
Yes it can, but it not as Smooth as my bigger video tripod, but it does mostly the job..

And all together it weights about 1 kilo, so easy to carry. I actually bought it for €220,- (for the carbon fiber version) at AliExpress even before they where selling these in Europe, unfortunately they stopped selling them, I dont think Benro liked the prices they where sold for...

I may be the last photographer in the world that doesn't use Arca Swiss plates. The reason, I do video as well as photography, and I have not been able to find a tripod with a video Arca Swiss head. (Video is pan and tilt instead of a ball head for photography). Does anyone know if there are Arca Swiss video heads?

hey Charles,
My video fluid head uses Arca swiss.
When I was shopping, I just do this google search and there are a few so I just pick the one that local shops stock :D

hey Charles,
My video fluid head uses Arca swiss.
When I was shopping, I just do this google search and there are a few so I just pick the one that local shops stock
Thanks Richard. My problem, whenever I do a search, the fluid heads I find look like the quick release plate is only aligned pointing to the lens, not perpendicular to the lens like the SmallRig cage. With your optimistic coaching I did search again and found a couple of fluid heads that should work. Daumenhoch

Local camera shops? I've heard of those; it must be nice.

I got the SmallRig handgrip and it is sitting here waiting for the S9. It has a very small anti-twist post, plus it has a thin outside ledge, about 0.5 mm high, that goes around the camera when its installed. I think this will keep it stable. I also ordered the Sirui handgrip to compare it, but it is not shipping yet.
@CharlesH Would be interested to hear your opinion on both.
I tried both of these handgrips on the S9, and ended up using the Sirui. It is a little heavier, but I like the feel of the grip better than the SmallRig one.

I don't see the Sirui handgrip on their website yet, but it is available from Amazon.

Reactions: CMS
I tried both of these handgrips on the S9, and ended up using the Sirui. It is a little heavier, but I like the feel of the grip better than the SmallRig one.

I don't see the Sirui handgrip on their website yet, but it is available from Amazon.
Thank you. Maybe I'll buy the S9 as well.

Adobe Camera RAW is now available for the S9, for Lightroom Classic, Lightroom, Lightroom Mobile and Photoshop.

Just saw this review, where he uses an external viewfinder:

Something like this:

I'm not going to buy the S9, but for some this might be interesting for some...

Yeah, I’ve used those flash-bracket viewfinders before; there’s a Yashica one that came with an accessory lens kit for one of their fixed-lens rangefinder cameras. I used it with a Pentax Q:

48098911297_00c10ff0e9_b.jpg
20190618-P6188953 by Travis Butler, on Flickr

The coating and the frame lines make it particularly nice for an external viewfinder.

I'm not going to buy the S9, but for some this might be interesting for some...
Thanks, this is kind of interesting. I went over and looked at viewfinders for Leica M rangefinder cameras, and they range from over $1,000US to much lower. The TTArtisan looks like it could have reasonable quality but at an affordable price. It is available in both 21mm and 28mm. I'll may get one, to see how useful it is.

1669382215_IMG_1881524.jpg

Thanks, this is kind of interesting. I went over and looked at viewfinders for Leica M rangefinder cameras, and they range from over $1,000US to much lower. The TTArtisan looks like it could have reasonable quality but at an affordable price. It is available in both 21mm and 28mm. I'll may get one, to see how useful it is.
When I saw this video I had to think of you Charles, something for you? Z04 Kaputtlachen

Ha ha :). Sigma has one of those for the original fp. Takes a nice small camera and makes it into a not so nice big camera.
I will say this much for it; it was effective, the optical quality of the magnifier was good. Also, it gives the fp a bit of a medium format film feel in hand, like some Hasselblads and Mamiyas.

193909.jpg
  • Canon - Canon EOS 7D
  • EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/3 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

53887359935_744c1e9232_c_d.jpg

Does anyone use the shutter control panel (simple wired)? I didn't find it on Aliexpress.
I don't know what you mean by this @sergun80. Can you show us what you are talking about?

According to the link to Aliexpress, has anyone used the original charging so to speak "from under the floor"?
I use an original LUMIX battery charger for both my S5II and S9, which looks like the one an AliExpress you have linked to.

Back