L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Reluctantly Leaving the L Mount Community

wh1tby

Hi to all you amazing people in the L Mount Forum. I have been a member for only a short time, having purchased an S5II and 3 lenses in February of this year. I have decided, somewhat reluctantly (and mainly for fiscal reasons) to sell my S5II and the 3 lenses I bought and go back to Sony. We have a lot of Sony lenses 98 or 9) and my wife continues to use her Sony A7IV and it is that investment in Sony lenses that eventually made me go back to Sony full time as I could ill afford to purchase a full range of lenses to take advantage of the S5II. I have sold my Sony A7RIVa and am taking delivery of an A7RV (which is overkill for resolution, I really want something between an A7IV, A7RV and A9!!)

If I was starting out again with no investment in Sony lenses, the S5II would definitely be top of my list due to its quality, easy of use and excellent results. I think that there would have been three things that might have made me bite the bullet and trade in our Sony lenses and take the losses (50% of their initial value seems to be the going rate, despite the increase in costs of new equipment) and I list them here purely as my opinion:

1. Higher resolution (I like to crop in when I do not have the right long focus lens :)). 40MP or close would have been ideal.
2. Faster burst shooting. It is a little slow and 10 to 15 FPS would have been ideal.
3. Better auto focus tracking (it is a lot better than the S5 but still has trouble holding onto a subject). Once you have got used the Sony, you tend to depend on it.

The community, support and quality of the product are much under estimated in the photographic community (who seem to be stuck on Canon, Nikon and reluctantly Sony and Fuji). I will continue to follow the trends and experiences of the L Mount community and wish everyone the best and happy picture taking. Enjoy the moment.

Hi to all you amazing people in the L Mount Forum. I have been a member for only a short time, having purchased an S5II and 3 lenses in February of this year. I have decided, somewhat reluctantly (and mainly for fiscal reasons) to sell my S5II and the 3 lenses I bought and go back to Sony.
Sorry to see you go. I have a history with both Panasonic and Sony. I definitely prefer shooting with Panasonic S series cameras, but Sony does okay as well and best wishes on your photographic journey.

Back