L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Playing around the kitchen with my S5 last night

SPeterson

I picked up my S5 a couple months ago after shooting Pentax all my life. Last night I discovered the monochrome setting which is a great tool for composing black & white photos. I love that you get an idea of what it will look like but that it retains full color so you can process either way, what a great tool. These were edited in LR.

Scott

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1680143769952.jpg
    EXIF
    FB_IMG_1680143769952.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 8
  • FB_IMG_1680143779646.jpg
    EXIF
    FB_IMG_1680143779646.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 8
  • FB_IMG_1680143783934.jpg
    EXIF
    FB_IMG_1680143783934.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 9
I am guessing that you are you talking about the Monochrome Live View feature?

If so, I really like it too. I programmed the left-click on the rear command dial to switch mono live view on and off which makes it very easy to access.

Yes, It's a nice feature. I've likewise set it up as a click on the rear command dial (but "up" in my case).

These are really nice mono still-lifes BTW!

Yes, It's a nice feature. I've likewise set it up as a click on the rear command dial (but "up" in my case).

These are really nice mono still-lifes BTW!
Likewise, I set it up in the quick access menu. I love that option. I thought Pentax had the best menu systems, especially compared to Nikon and Canon but Lumix might be better in my opinion. It's so customizable.

Back