L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Just bought a new Lumix S5ii

PhotoPete

What a great camera! Got extra 300€ when I sold one old Lumix. Now they have a campaign that gives free a 50mm when you buy a kit with 12-60mm. Only thing is that not every software is supporting the S5M2 raws yet. I know Adobe has the support but I don't like their pricing. I bought ACDSee which looks great but is also not supporting the raws yet (just realized after I tested my photos).

You know someone comes from micro four thirds when he's referring to the S5/II kit lens as 12-60. ;)

As for the software. You don't have to like Adobe pricing, you still can use there software to make the raws fit for your software. You can use the freeware Adobe DNG Converter to convert the S5II RAW Filles to DNG Files. Almost every RAW developing software can handle DNG Files.

You are right :) . I meant of course 20-60mm (had to check it from the lens). Still using my G9 for the long Leica telezoom.

Let us know how how you get on with the S5ii.

We could have a long debate about Adobe pricing. I personally think the Photography Plan at £10/month is a bargain. You'll have always-up-to-date copies of LR Classic, LR for iPad, and PhotoShop. Then there's a bunch of extras like cloud storage, a portfolio site (and builder), and Premier Rush. Updates come pretty frequently and there have been a ton of new features added over the past year or two. The DxO/Luminar model etc of paid upgrades in no cheaper if you want to avail yourself of the new versions. Software dev costs money so you're going to pay for it one way or another!

My problem with Adobe is that I don't want ANOTHER software agent sitting permanently in the background leeching data to them for no reason.
I want to run an application and then close it. End of story.
How I use it and when I use it is none of their business.

My problem with Adobe is that I don't want ANOTHER software agent sitting permanently in the background leeching data to them for no reason.
I want to run an application and then close it. End of story.
How I use it and when I use it is none of their business.
I think you can uninstall the Creative Cloud app (which does most of the reporting home to the mothership), but the licence manager remains I think. I used to worry about these things, but life seems too short to let it affect me too much.

I personally think that ACDSee works for me much better than Lightroom so no going back. I use now Adobe's free dng converter before ACDSee starts supporting S5ii raws. Have a look if you are interested.

But I have one question about the camera. Let's see if anyone can help me here.

I have a problem when I use EVF. If you have the touch pad available you can accidentally move the focus point with your nose. I have been trying to go through the settings but with no luck.

My older camera is Lumix G9. In G9 to avoid this I have found this setting: Focus/Release Shutter -> AF/AE Lock = "AF Lock". S5ii is little different so no luck yet.

Is there a place in S5ii where you can lock the focus point in touch pad? You can do it by disabling the touch pad totally but that is not so nice.

Last edited:
I just realized that my thread is in the wrong forum. It should be in the "L-Mount bodies". Please if the admin could put it in the right place.

Welcome to the party. The Lumix S 20-60 is a great lens, an innovation that started the trend of modern super wide to short tele kit zooms.

Back