L-MOUNT Forum

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Hello from Austria

xaviergut

LMF-Patron
I just realized that I haven't introduced myself correctly so far in this forum.

I’m a Spanish-German-living-in-Austria amateur photographer in my late forties who started taking photos in 2018.

By then my doctor told me that I have to take long walks, that's how it started. Just at that time I was reading Susan Sontag's essay "On photography", which had an impact on me and motivated me to start documenting things such as situations, landscapes, people, animals, etc. Along with that I also had a quite serious professional crisis, but my new passion for photography came to rescue me. Then I discovered that even photography can be a means of artistic expression, which further increased my interest in this creative technological world.

I started with a Nikon dslr aps-c camera (D7500) and many micro four thirds cameras. Later I went to a full frame camera (Nikon Df, my favorite camera of all time that I don't think I'll ever sell), until one fine day I bought the Panasonic S5 (I sold the Nikon aps-c and various cameras and m4/3 lenses) and saw that I could frame 65:24 photos directly on the camera and that it is very well suited for timelapses and, of course, video. I believe that the L-Mount system offers many possibilities and options (6 Lumix cameras, 3 Leica -full frame-, 2 Sigma and a lot of lenses to choose) and a great future ahead of it.

In addition to the S5, which I bought on sale along with the 20-60mm and the 35mm f/1.8, over time and saving I bought the S1R (I am impressed with this camera) and several lenses: 85mm f/1.8, 24mm f/1.8, 50mm f/1.4 Lumix and the 24-70mm f/2.8 from Leica.

I am not a very technical photographer, so I appreciate that in this forum you can learn a lot from photographers (and engineers) who are much more experienced, skillful and “mathematical” than me. For this I am very grateful to this entire community of L-Mount photographers.

Welcome. And thanks for sharing your journey! Please do post up some of your images/videos.

Back